Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Isuzu Rodeo Rear Axle

elopez2
08-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Guys need some help, I'm trying to change out a rear Axle from this Isuzu I took out the diffrencial cover but there's no C-clips to take out axle. Has anybody change out axle from this Isuzu? This is a 4X4 with disc on the 4 Tires. I really need some help!

elopez2
08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Guys I check the webside U send me pu it doesn't show a lot of detail pictures U say this is a daytona diff how can I tell?

Gizmo42
08-14-2006, 11:04 PM
It should be the same as my '99. There should be 4 nuts behind the brake rotors. Remove brake components, remove the nuts, use a slide hammer style axle puller to pull the axle out.

Ramblin Fever
08-14-2006, 11:38 PM
I believe it's probably the same as mine - Dana 44??

Could be wrong.

surferfletch
08-14-2006, 11:49 PM
http://www.independent4x.bigstep.com/generic46.html
I had to do some searching to get it straight. It is a Dana 44 (stamped on the web between the axle and diff housing) and you do remove the rotor... and slide it out of the tube. When I looked in my Haynes manual, it said the Rodeo has a c-clip holding the rear axle in. This applies only to the earlier Rodeos with the drum brake setup in the rear and the GM axle. The link above explains which axle goes with which Isuzu. Good luck! The link I posted earlier about the Dana 44 should help.

elopez2
08-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Thank U Guys I finally got it, went to dealer and did what U tool me took out the 4 bolts on back of the brake rotor. My axle was bent "What a pain to take out that bearing on axle." Took it to the machine shop and the guy had to cut the bearing and locking ring with heat can U bealive that? Also bearing had to be pressed in to install I just hammer it in takes a while but gets the job done! Thank U guys!

Add your comment to this topic!