Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

throttle body spacers

RJ MALIBU
08-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Hello evry1 just wondering if ne1 has put a tb spacer on and if so what type of gainswere recieved in HP and Torque? Also would the TB spacer have to be made out of a certain material? reason Im asking is I want to fab my own and was wondering what I should use. ANY INFO OR FEEDBACK would be GREAT. ALL opinions(:2cents:) welcome.. Thank you all (if any) in advance.

corning_d3
08-13-2006, 10:45 PM
I suppose stainless steel, aluminum or phenolic would work. Cutting an O-ring groove would be the best way to seal it. I'd stay around an 1" thick.

Eslhockey92g
08-13-2006, 11:11 PM
I have one on my 97, The only reason its still on its i like the nosie it makes a certian rpms. When i put it on i felt no differnce. There may have been some, but if i cant feel it or see it in my tank its not worth it. I did it for better MPG plus an exhaust and CAI.

SComp23
08-14-2006, 08:57 PM
TB Spacers do nothing unless you have a TBI, they actually hurt performance

BlazerLT
08-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Useless on a 4.3L and do NOT make anymore horsepower.

In some cases, it actually reduces power.

Eslhockey92g
08-14-2006, 11:13 PM
i was thinking about taking mine off. since i have a CAI, the added height of the intake makes the upper itake tube to close for me to the brake res. If it was lower there would be plenty of clearnce. And the whistle it makes it getting VERY annoying after a while. I think w/ doing the TB plate mod, it almost makes it useless

Add your comment to this topic!