Failure to consistently start engine

Doug Davidson
08-13-2006, 06:35 AM
I own 2 generationII RX-7s. Both convertables. On my 1990 I can get the engine to start by pulling the vehicle and popping the clutch. It runs great, then I turn the car off. I turn the key and it starts again no problem. If I wait around 12 hours or longer and then try to use the key/starter to fire up the engine it wont start. I have cleaned the carbon build up out of the engine, I have replaced spark plugs, I have checked the compression rate, I have done everything I can think of and still cant get it to consistantly start especially after it has been sitting. Does anyone have any hints or help that they can offer?

My 1991 had a similar problem a few years back, but removing the carbon build up I never had another problem with it. I am still banging my head against the problem, but coming up short. :banghead:

drftk1d
08-13-2006, 05:25 PM
what's the deal with your starter?

Doug Davidson
08-13-2006, 11:49 PM
The starter has no problem, it tries its best and sounds fine. I have also swapped the relays out from the one car to the other and my 1991 starts no problem still. I am planning on extensive voltage meter tests soon. I was hoping someone might have had a clue so I wouldnt have to work so hard at the problem. :frown:

Add your comment to this topic!