Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Driver's key entry only

alblogg
08-12-2006, 12:04 PM
:wtf: I know this is in the wrong place but I posted it in Pontiac and did not get a hit (don't know what they do down there) but here it is because there seems to be some smart GM people here...... My wife bought a '07 Pontiac G6 after having it about a week she went to unlock the pass. door with the key, it does not have keyless door entry. There was no key lock on the pass side. A guy at one of the lots here told me about all the new ones come that way now because they have keyless entry. What I am asking you guys that keep up with the GM and big company talk what reason did thy tell the public they only put one key lock in a car. I know why, look at all the billions of dollars of money they saved. They used a trick back in the '70 on Dodges and Chyslers by not putting drain petcocks in the radiators. They was like .20 a piece but that times all the cars made it pulled them out of the hole.

BlazinMlew
08-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Nope we (my wife and I) own an 06 and it doesn't have the lock on the passenger side either.

I didn't think keyless entry was an option though, but it obviously is.

alblogg
08-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Well I thought it came on about all the cars now but it was an option on this model. The service guy said $250 to have keyless installed. The wife told him after spending that kind of money for the car it should come with keyless entry so she could unlock any door she wants, which comes in handy if you want to put something in the pass side before getting in the driver's side.

BlazinMlew
08-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Oh belive me I hear ya. I dont think I have unlocked my doors with on key on either vehicle for a long time. I am not sure I remember how to do it.

Put key in keyhole - turn - Ok I remember but I still wouldnt want to have to do it that way. Thats just the laziness in me lol

alblogg
08-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Yep, and I like the little high tech chirp my '99 gives me at Wal Mart to let everyone know how cool I am.:smokin:

rlith
08-13-2006, 05:47 AM
You can get some very nice keyless entry/remote start/alarm system installed relativly cheap which would solve your whole issue..

Add your comment to this topic!