Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Runs way too hot!

MrZydeco
08-12-2006, 09:05 AM
I bought an 02' Sonoma 4X4 crew cab after my wife crashed my Blazer. I love this car. They are pretty much the same car other than the rear half. The Sonoma generates much more engine heat. It runs 195 to 210 degrees, the hood is very hot, even the interior gets hot. You can feel the dash area, your feet are very warm, yet it's not comming from the heater core. The firewall is warm to the touch! I can see not having to use the heater this winter. Yesterday was a beautiful day, no A/C on and I had to open the windows all the way just to dump the extra heat. I was going to change to a cooler t-stat but the Napa guy said it will make the "Service Engine" light come on. I was thinking of a hood scoop to help ventilate the engine compartment but I'd rather see if anyone else had this problem and has found a cure.
Thanks!

MT-2500
08-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I bought an 02' Sonoma 4X4 crew cab after my wife crashed my Blazer. I love this car. They are pretty much the same car other than the rear half. The Sonoma generates much more engine heat. It runs 195 to 210 degrees, the hood is very hot, even the interior gets hot. You can feel the dash area, your feet are very warm, yet it's not comming from the heater core. The firewall is warm to the touch! I can see not having to use the heater this winter. Yesterday was a beautiful day, no A/C on and I had to open the windows all the way just to dump the extra heat. I was going to change to a cooler t-stat but the Napa guy said it will make the "Service Engine" light come on. I was thinking of a hood scoop to help ventilate the engine compartment but I'd rather see if anyone else had this problem and has found a cure.
Thanks!

Your tempt is normal.
Check the rad fan clutch and cooling system make sure they is working good.
What is the tempt driving down the road?
And what doe it go to sitting still at idle?
MT

MrZydeco
08-13-2006, 07:09 AM
She averages 195 to 205 running, 200 to 220 with the A/C on and when waiting at the drive thru, even hotter. I can go through the cooling system but how do I check the fan clutch? And thanks for the input!

MT-2500
08-13-2006, 10:24 AM
She averages 195 to 205 running, 200 to 220 with the A/C on and when waiting at the drive thru, even hotter. I can go through the cooling system but how do I check the fan clutch? And thanks for the input!

If fan clutch is working right you will feel or hear it blowing a lot of air when it hits around 200 degrees.
If not it is bad.
MT

Add your comment to this topic!