Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Interior Painting

so-cali
08-20-2002, 01:21 AM
I've just finished painting my pretty much all the front panels in my interior using the method the ci5ic went over in a thread a while back. The pieces are coming out perfectly and im really pleased with how everything is starting to look and come together. The only thing i was wondering is if this look is going to be easy to scuff up or chip or somehow look much worse than it does right now. The dashboard took a few hours to get out and i really dont want to have to take it out for maintainence anytime soon. My question: Is there a good chance of the paint job getting messed up and are there any precautionary measures i can take to keep my interior looking really nice?

NuEra
08-20-2002, 12:52 PM
Yeah, absolutely no Armor All or anything like that. It eats the paint.

ci5ic
08-20-2002, 11:51 PM
LOL, I didn't know about the armoral or whatever, but deffinitely DON'T use any kind of solvent on them (same problem, found out the hard way)... Hmmm. I'm gonna have to find some kind of dash-cleaner that won't eat the paint. I'll do some experimenting and let you all know what I find out...

As far as wear and tear goes, just try to be careful of the painted surfaces. If you put a bunch of the clear enamel on them, you should be fine. When my car was in the shop to be painted/kitted a while back, some of the pieces on my center console got scratched up pretty bad, they had my car completely torn apart, and were storing some of the parts inside the car. Anyways, I guess they weren't too careful about the interior, cuz they put some big gouges in the paint...

EFsleeper
08-21-2002, 08:48 PM
i agree, no armor all.

ci5ic
08-21-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey all, I just checked with a buddy of mine who's painted his ENTIRE interior white with creamy orange trim (looks hella tight). Anyways, he told me that he uses a product called: Spray Nine. Didn't say where he purchased it, but he said he uses that and scrubs with a brush...

Hope it helps, I'm gonna try and find some of this stuff.

P • E • A • C • E

uhaters
09-02-2002, 05:41 PM
i did my interior with a regular spray can on my other car and the paint started cracking but i was so upset and depressed the paint chipped all over it felt like i was painting every week to touch it up. But then i tried car primer to fill deep gashes first then regular paint worked like a charm if i can go to kinkos to get the pictures scanned i will post up i hoped that helped remember to remove the oil first with soap and water and no armor all

Add your comment to this topic!