Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tranny Problems

Hunter1
08-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey guys I need your help again!!!

This is the first long trip I've been on since the engine rebuild. I drove about 3 hours from Durham NC to Norfolk VA with no stops. When I pulled up at the first light I noticed a hard shift from first to second. Then again at the next light. I checked the fluid levels and the trans. fluid is clean with no burnt smell however there are bubbles on the dipstick. I have no ses code at the present. I have read that the valve body is a main contributor to this problem. I would like to hear any thoughts or input that you all have. Thank you in advance.

Hunter

muddog321
08-12-2006, 04:56 AM
Yep, solenoid probably got a piece of dirt in it if lucky - on restart did it clear up the hard shift? First step is a simple fluid/filter change and often you are OK. Bubbles kind of would point to low fluid or a clogged breather so if full then check the hose that normally runs up the dipstick but on trans or engine work often is dropped or crushed against the firewall.

Hunter1
08-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah. All seems to be fine right now. I just got back to NC a few minutes ago, and had no problems. I am currently waiting to hear how much this valve body will cost. I think the solenoid is only like $20 so I might just start there.

Add your comment to this topic!