Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bug-Fu (Pistons of Fury) video tests

lemorris
08-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Knowing that we had a large vacation planned for this summer my kids and I decided to make a movie using our vacation film footage. We wrote a bare bones screenplay and set up a so-so shot list.

Upon my return from vacation I started to digitize some clips. These are still in a raw test form. None of it is final as there is filler stuff, lighting, sound, missing scenes, etc. but I thought you might dig it anyway.

Here's a synopsis:

Young man (My son Charles) gets kicked out (for no apparent reason) of the orphange where he lives. He wanders out into the world lost and confused only to be clobbered and tortured by bad guys for once again....no apparent reason. After the bad guys dispose of him he wanders to a small park on the shores of Lake Superior where he is befriended by a young lady (My daughter Alix). She talks to him and leads him to the Master's (Me) place.(Shot in Alexendria MN on Lake Victoria) The Master takes the young orphan in as a student and teaches him the ancient art of Bug-Fu. As the training concludes the Master gets clobbered by bad guys. With his dying words he tells the young man he must go out west and find DHP (Dry Heat Panzers...the VW club I'm in) to discover the true meaning of Bug-Fu. The young man leaves and arrives in Tucson. He makes his way to the DHP compund (where we work on our cars) where he is put to work. In the meantime he meets the Master's younger twin brother (Me, bald) and he is also confronted by The Evil Low-Rider Honda Man. My friend Pete)Who wants to know the secret of Bug-Fu. Through a series of events the young man defeats the Evil Low-Rider Honda Man and in the process discovers that the Master's twin is his true father and the young girl is his sister who was sent to guide him and he was kicked out of the orphanage for his own protection. He also discovers the true meaning of Bug-Fu through DHP....and a hubcap.

I know it's silly but you gotta make a bunch of bad films to learn how to make a good one, I'm getting better at making really bad ones. lol

It's also a great way to use our vacation footage so Charlie can show his classmates a DVD and be cool.

lol

Now

What you will see first is a quick test of the meat of the torture scene, shot in Carole's (my wife) Aunt's basement with my nephews and Carole's cousins.

Please keep in mind that this is a small part of a much larger thing and it is not a super bloody thing (though this blood was made with light corn syrup food coloring and flour, and my son ate a lot more than he drooled.)

It is our hope that the sheer absurdity will counter balance any fear of future violent tendencies...fingers crossed.

enjoy

http://www.58vw.com/torture_1.wmv

-Lemorris

lemorris
08-16-2006, 01:36 AM
http://www.58vw.com/bf_kickout.wmv

Mshkttck
08-16-2006, 09:51 AM
the links don't work for me

lemorris
08-17-2006, 10:32 PM
try again

they are correct

you on a mac?

if so try flip for mac or download then play with windows media player

An Angry Clown
08-18-2006, 07:36 AM
you have to right click then hit "save target as" and then save

HighOctaneNOSUser
08-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Haha, the dog part at the end was great xD And the kungfoo dubbing at the orphanage.

lemorris
08-24-2006, 09:37 PM
In this clip our young hero is befriended by the young lady at Canal Park in Duluth Mn.

http://www.dhpvw.com/catalog/movies/bf_befriend.wmv

Add your comment to this topic!