starting over

08-09-2006, 10:08 PM
someone please help.
i bought a 1969 convertable cutlass supreme from my uncle when i was 19 years old and had the time of my life with it. although i had to replace things here and there because of its age there were no major problems until i eventually did some pretty major front end damage. Now i'm at a place where i'm ready to pull it out of storage and restore it but i have no idea where to start. I would like to do what i can myself save for upgradeing the engine and replaceing the trans, things that are out of my capability. Considering converting to a 442. is that possible? This car is my first love, and any advise is appreciated.
thank you guys and gals.

08-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Welcome to AF!

You can change this over to a 442, you'll need a bunch of parts though.
The front end, the bumper(S), the hood would all need to be found from a 442 donor car, and or you might be able to buy these new from one of these after market places like Year one.
They will be expensive parts, new or used.
Some other things like interior parts and all those "442" badges that go on the fenders. The springs and sways are heavier on the 442's. And I'm sure thiers some stuff I'm leaving out(like the 455 or the 350 rocket motor), but it is doable :thumbsup:

If I were you, I'd do the restore the right way, that being everything from the ground up. You then would hav a practicly new ride that will last for generations to come.

Add your comment to this topic!