Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Kia Sephia Problems starting

frenchy27
08-09-2006, 04:04 PM
I have a 2000 Kia Sephia, I am having troubles starting it, I will turn the key and it will sputter, I will then turn the key off, wait a bit, pump some gas, turn again, and it sputters, I try this about 4-5 times and then the speed actuator assy-idle will make a buzzing sound, after the buzzing slows a bit, it starts. I have changed the spark plugs, the fuel filter, put fuel injector cleaner in it. Does anyone have any other ideas, and do you think the speed actuator assy-idle might be the problem.

kaeru
07-16-2007, 04:43 PM
I have a 2000 Kia Sephia, I am having troubles starting it, I will turn the key and it will sputter, I will then turn the key off, wait a bit, pump some gas, turn again, and it sputters, I try this about 4-5 times and then the speed actuator assy-idle will make a buzzing sound, after the buzzing slows a bit, it starts. I have changed the spark plugs, the fuel filter, put fuel injector cleaner in it. Does anyone have any other ideas, and do you think the speed actuator assy-idle might be the problem.

where exactly did you find the spark plugs???? i've been looking for weeks and i can't find them anywhere.

MeettheCreeper
07-27-2007, 04:27 PM
where exactly did you find the spark plugs???? i've been looking for weeks and i can't find them anywhere.

Under the passenger front seat.

MeettheCreeper
07-27-2007, 04:28 PM

When it does not start try wigglling the under hood fuse box and see if it starts. Early model sephias had somee shorting issues with the fuse box.

Add your comment to this topic!