Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 alero 2.2L Alternator Problem?

throwin_sp4rks
08-07-2006, 06:49 PM
ive got a 02 olds alero with the 2.2 4 cyl. i recently put a new motor in it, and am now noticing the battery light won't go out. thought it was the alternator so i had it checked and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, however there is a green wire that one end bolts to the alternator but i cant figure out where the other end goes maybe a negative ground or something? if anyone has any information that could help me out i'd greatly appreciate it if you'd contact me asap. thanks

Salestax
08-07-2006, 09:41 PM
I'll double check first chance I get, but since your alternator is internally regulated, the only external connections you should have are a 12v feed from the battery, and a 'trigger wire' to tell the gauge wtf to do. That wire, to my knowledge, should have a connector on it and plug into the alternator and only ground out (thus triggering the BATT light) when the alternator has less than 12v output. If its bolted to something, briefely disconnect it and see if the light goes out. I'll check this diagram next chance I get

Add your comment to this topic!