Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Just saying hi

angel_iz378
08-07-2006, 10:16 AM
I just wanted to introduce myself. I've recently bought a 2000 Plymouth Neon and even though there's nothing really wrong with it right now, I felt that I should start getting to know the peeps in this forum. I used to have a 94 Cavalier, but due to a long list of things, I sold it. So now I have a Neon. I do have one question, however. Is the PLYMOUTH Neon the exact same car as the DODGE Neon? I seem to want to think that the number of Neons that Plymouth came out with is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than the number of Neons that Dodge put their name on. Am I right or am I crazy? (I like having something - ANYthing - that I can say is special about a car) Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone and hope that we can have a nice peaceful relationship.:icon16:

das2123
08-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Welcome to the neon world!!!

There are no differences from Plymouth and the Dodge neons, except packages and options. Plymouth has the expresso, baseline, and the ACR and Dodge has the Base, Highline, and R/T and so on.

My expertise lies mostly with the 95-99 neons, but I do and will have some insight on the 2000+up neons. Any plans for it or are you gonna leave it stock?

angel_iz378
08-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Although I wish I could say that I would like to leave it mostly stock, I know that the better part of me will end up putting a good bit of mods on it. I do, however, want to keep it clean and low-key looking. I'm leaning towards 17in black w/ silver rims and new tires (of course), lowering about 2 in., nice subtle body kit, and some neons. It also needs a tad bit of body work (small dents on the bottom of the passenger door) and a paint job, which I want to leave black. First thing is tint, tho. Max legal here is 35%, even tho I would rather have the silver/black fade which I was told by a second-hand custom shop that it's outlawed. The major custom place here never said anything about that when I talked w/ them about it. But we'll see. My first concern is paying her off first which shouldn't take too long. I'm sure I'll see repairs before that so I'm planning on that as well. Even tho I hear that Neons have a big problem w/ oil leaks, I haven't had the luck of getting one yet, (107k on it and the engine's still clean) which I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts, huh?

Add your comment to this topic!