Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Heating up

gspservice
08-06-2006, 10:11 PM
91 Camry is starting to heat up not a lot just to the halfway mark with slight fluctuation takes about 5 to 7 miles to happen. Both fans are running and radiator is full. whats the odds on the thermostat not opening all the way or the sensor being defective ?

Brian R.
08-06-2006, 11:15 PM
What is normal for your car?

idmetro
08-07-2006, 09:19 AM
In my case my 91 normally sits right at the 1/2 mark.

Brian R.
08-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I don't understand what the difference is between the normal behaviour and what you're discussing in the first post.

hassanbigboss
08-07-2006, 02:51 PM
gspservice, I do not want to sound ignorant towards your problem but I think that going towards the half mark is "Okay" specially with the extremely hot summer we are having in the states. But just for your comfort get your radiator flushed and have it filled with the Toyota red coolant, this should solve the issue that is if there is any.:wink:

gspservice
08-07-2006, 09:07 PM
What is normal for your car?

Not really sure, no numbers just a C and H but it is running hotter then normal with some bouncng back and forth. always ran steady before.

gspservice
08-07-2006, 09:15 PM
gspservice, I do not want to sound ignorant towards your problem but I think that going towards the half mark is "Okay" specially with the extremely hot summer we are having in the states. But just for your comfort get your radiator flushed and have it filled with the Toyota red coolant, this should solve the issue that is if there is any.:wink:

No thats not the problem after years of a steady reading even on the hottest days something is off. I will be flushing out the system when I change out the thermostat and see what happens. Just strange how it happen over night and takes 5 to 7 miles to start acting up.
thanks for the help

EA6BMECH
08-13-2006, 06:06 AM
Try a thermostat, if that isn't it, get ready to buy a radiator.

DFBonnett
08-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Also consider the possibility of the coolant temp sensor getting flaky.

gspservice
08-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Well I change the themostat and flushed out the system and it seems to have done the trick. I'am thinking the themostat was on its way out and starting to stick.

Add your comment to this topic!