Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Cav 2.2 Engine

SROBERT
08-06-2006, 07:07 PM
I have a 2001 Cav 2.2 engine and have problems with starting the car.

Engine will turn over and act like its not geting any fuel, I can hear the fuel pump run for about 2 sec when key is turned on. I have tryed spraying starter fluid in air filter chamber and then tryed to start it and it would run only a few seconds.
After several attemps over and over I would get lucky and the car would start and act fine for a couple of days and then it would happen again.

Any Ideas?? Thanks

indyextremecustoms
08-11-2006, 11:17 PM
just cause the pump turns on doesnt mean it is truely pumping the fuel properly.... test your pump and see how many PSI its runnig at... thnk it should be around 25 - 30 cant remember...

mstr3000
08-12-2006, 07:56 PM
you could also try replacing the fuel filter. if you somehow got shotty fuel in there it is very likely that the ilter is clogged

Wigtail
10-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Sounds just like a fuel pump problem. Mine has around 58 psi key on. I checked it today. Tricky though since there's no place on the engine fuel rail to check it. Had to check it at the fuel filter. My 5.7 350 chevy was doin the same thing. If it started it would run fine. If it wouldn't, i'd just squirt in a little fuel and away she'd go, till you shut her off. A new fuel pump did the trick. Watch out for those junk pumps on ebay. Been there, done that. Go to carquest and get a lifetime warranty. The whole module and all was less than just the pump anywhere else. Good luck.

Wigtail
10-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Sounds just like a fuel pump problem. Mine has around 58 psi key on. I checked it today. Tricky though since there's no place on the engine fuel rail to check it. Had to check it at the fuel filter. My 5.7 350 chevy was doin the same thing. If it started it would run fine. If it wouldn't, i'd just squirt in a little fuel and away she'd go, till you shut her off. A new fuel pump did the trick. Watch out for those junk pumps on ebay. Been there, done that. Go to carquest and get a lifetime warranty. The whole module and all was less than just the pump anywhere else. Good luck.

Lances133
10-11-2006, 08:12 PM
:newbie:

my99cavy
10-11-2006, 08:25 PM
http://www.johnberman.com/pics/funny/yoda_newbie.jpg

jakegday
10-11-2006, 08:29 PM
gee, what gave it away?

Add your comment to this topic!