Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

loud screeching noise???

BabyCavyZ
08-05-2006, 10:56 PM
so i had to get a new alternator put in... and afterwords, when i start my car up it sits idle for about 5 seconds and then starts to squeel really really loudly so im guessing its my belt sumhow but i cant see anythin rong wit it?????

jakegday
08-06-2006, 12:11 AM
it could also be your tensioner, they have a habit of being unreliable in these cars

BabyCavyZ
08-06-2006, 01:08 AM
so then should i be able to do it myself?? like should i take the belt off and check that out?? or check out the tensioner?? i no i COULD do it myself but how easy??

BabyCavyZ
08-12-2006, 12:39 AM
it sounds like one of the pulleys isn't spinning and the belt is just rubbing around it but not sure any other ideas??? i mite not be the belts period

indyextremecustoms
08-12-2006, 12:41 AM
i would look and watch to see were the noise is coming from...if it is the belt cause a pully isnt turning then figure out which one....the tensioner isnt a hard peice to replace...

BabyCavyZ
08-12-2006, 11:16 AM
yea i tried to hear where its from and its from the left side of the engine bay but its soooooo damn loud that i wasn't positive but thnx i'll go try to figure out real hard in a lil

Cold_Silence
08-12-2006, 12:41 PM
it could also be your tensioner, they have a habit of being unreliable in these cars
U cant paint em all with the same brush, mine or anyones ive seen has never had a squeeling problem. But it sounds like the belt is worn, or has too much slack so its slipping. Try the tensioner too and ensure it is working properly.

chevyguy93
08-12-2006, 11:01 PM
it could even be a faulty alternator that they put in, if it wasnt doing it before. just a suggestion =D

BabyCavyZ
08-13-2006, 12:14 AM
thnx guys yea my friend was looking at it and im goin over to his house tomorrow to have him help me fix it thnx again

ubercav
08-14-2006, 12:43 AM
hmm, loud screeching noise? i have that problem too... i thought it was the compressor just because when i look at it running, i can see little metal shavings... might i add that my A/C doesnt work :-\

Add your comment to this topic!