Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Acura Integra B18B1 wont start

VictorPerez
08-05-2006, 03:20 PM
I have a problem my car wont start it all happen to me when i got of work i was about to put gas in it an my car started to rattle like it wanted to shut down but it didnt once i turned it off to fill it up it wouldnt start any more after a couple of minutes later it turned on put the whole car was shaking like it wanted to turn off i manege to get home put it wont turn on any more a machanic check it an told me it was the distributor because there wasnt any spark what do you think guys

carlos integra
08-05-2006, 05:41 PM
if you said that you were filling gas and the engine stop first check the electrical motor fuses, distributor spark plugs cable for ground firing, fuel filter is you don't where the filter is in the motor back in the side of the battery or fuel pump in the tank.

VictorPerez
08-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Where are the motor electrical fuses located at and about the fuel filter i had it change and it was passing fuel

carlos integra
08-06-2006, 12:04 PM
victor sorry for the engine fuse, the fuse box that i told you is a black box side of the battery that my model 96 have and they are various fuses such the battery that is 100 amp and a named main option fuses 50amp. i rebember last year my car have a problem such like your car. my car 96 have a idle control throttle valve system and have a tiny hose that pass the coolant i don't know if you car 94 have the system in the throttle body. is a cylindrical body in the rear throttle body. the acura dealer fixed the probem so if you not found the problem you have to take to acura shop. good luck!!

VictorPerez
08-06-2006, 12:29 PM
So you think it has nothing do do with the distributor since its not getting spark to the engine

carlos integra
08-06-2006, 12:43 PM
yes first check the distributor for spark if you have spark then check the idle system.

VictorPerez
08-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Yea they already check the distributor any it checks out it doesnt have any spark and where is the idle system located at

carlos integra
08-07-2006, 12:07 PM
victor the idle control throttle valve system you can found inthe upper rear left attached in the throttle body is a cylinder with tiny hoses that pass coolant.

VictorPerez
08-07-2006, 05:47 PM
so what do you think i should do to the distributor

zepeda1
08-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Check your ignition coil if your not getting any spark.
My coil went out on me a couple of months ago. Had about 140000 miles on it.

mamalee
08-22-2006, 01:53 PM
My integra had the same problem. check the coil to see if it's within specs, if not than it's the coil. My mechanic told me that it tested okay but I checked it myself with a ohm meter and it read 36 when it should have been between 9-12. I had three mechanic tell me the same thing it was fine but I replaced the coil for 30.00 from ebay and it started right up after 3wks of being in the shop.

Add your comment to this topic!