Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Display suggestions needed

Cosmic Fur
08-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi,

Here is the deal, as of now, I have approximately 8 finished cars that are sitting on a shelf in a bookcase. There's two problems with this: First, they get really dusty because they're sitting in the open, and dusting them every other week is becoming a pain, plus the dust keeps building up in small corners that I can't reach with a duster. Second, the shelf has no more space, and I am sure to add more in the future. So I need some cost-saving solution to display these things without running into the same two problems above. I have an awesome empty corner in my room that would be perfect for putting them all there, but I just need some contraption or something t put into the corners to put the cars into.

Are there any enclosed wall or corner shelves out there that are made of glass or other clear materials?

I was also pondering building what I want out of plexiglass or something, but I'm sure that would be very complicated and take a lot of time...

A cheap glass diplay case would be perfect though.

freakray
08-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Do you have an Ikea near you, they sell great display cabinets to store your models in.

Cosmic Fur
08-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Do you have an Ikea near you, they sell great display cabinets to store your models in.

Hmm. .Thanks. We have IKEA catalogues lying around here somewhere... I'll check em out.

Technoman
08-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Ikea display cases are great, cheap as well..

Ozmax
08-05-2006, 10:31 PM
I wonder which of IKEA's cases are close to dustproof? Anyone?

patoffspyder
08-06-2006, 08:03 AM
BERTBY cabinets are great, dust free and you can put lots of models.

Add your comment to this topic!