Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Recommend me some new tires

Cloud Strife
08-03-2006, 03:18 PM
My fiances 03 mustang is in need of 4 new tires. The problem is that I don't really know of any good brands that would suit the car. It is just a regular v6 BTW.

I checked at a local Super-Walmart. Yeha I am sure you are laughing, but they actually had in stock the same type of tires that were orginally on the car. Goodyear Eagle LS P225/55R16. Well not the LS model, but they had the HS.

Is my best bet to get these or look elsewhere?

Cloud Strife
08-05-2006, 08:04 AM
wow nothing.....

BlackGT2000
08-05-2006, 08:26 AM
What are you looking to spend? Do you care about performance? I am really happy with the BFG Gforce T/a KDW tires that I put on. I would say that they are the best performance mod I have added.

Cloud Strife
08-06-2006, 11:37 AM
What are you looking to spend? Do you care about performance? I am really happy with the BFG Gforce T/a KDW tires that I put on. I would say that they are the best performance mod I have added.

She is not looking to hot rod around, but needs an all season tire. Snow and rain is a big issue to her with her tires.

The tires I have been looking at were the Goodyears listed in my first post.

mustangman02232
08-13-2006, 04:43 AM
i would look at firestones firehawks but i dont know how good they are in the snow, i would also go 255/50r16 in the rear

StillGoin5.0
08-14-2006, 06:59 PM
i have no complaints about my BFGoodrich G-Force T-A KDWS tires i've had them on my 87 gt 302 for 2 years and have to drive it in the winter and it does fine... no problems in rain either...

LEM
09-20-2006, 06:27 AM
Consumer Reports rates the Falken ZE-512 as the highest for performance all-season tires. I just put a set of 225/60R15 on my 1990 Mustang LX-5.0 last night. Total cost was $323 and some change. I have used BF Goodrich from Pep Boys, but ddn't like them (belts separated in two of them); I've gone through two sets of Toyo (not a bad tire), but didn't get the mileage I had hoped for on the second set, so I went with CR's recommendation. We'll see how they do; i hope to get into some light snow with them this winter.

C-ya

jckorn311
09-20-2006, 01:31 PM
yeah i would also like to know about some tires i have a 98 cobra conv. and ive heard several things about different tires and the best outta em seem to be either the firestone wide ovals or the bf goodrick gforce kdw im running 245/45 17 and 275/40 17 rear what do yall thing would be the best for me i like to give tires a pretty good run on the track from time to time and on the road from time to time which do yall think

kjmenchio
09-20-2006, 01:37 PM
I like the BFG g-force sports on my 01 GT. For about $100 each, they are a good performance tire.

Huney1
01-10-2007, 04:00 AM
I got a new set of Kumhos for my Taurus like $55.00 each mounted and balanced and they ride and drive as good as Michelins.

6speed
01-26-2007, 10:11 AM
i have no complaints about my BFGoodrich G-Force T-A KDWS tires i've had them on my 87 gt 302 for 2 years and have to drive it in the winter and it does fine... no problems in rain either...
be sure not to confuse these KDWS as being KDW(s) <--[plural]. KDWS and KDW are different, very different. KDW would be an awful bad weather snow tire

flybynight
03-06-2007, 07:57 PM
please don't buy kuhmo unless you are strapped for cash it is a very very very cheap tire as a nice tired i recommend getting goodyear eagle response edge. i plan on getting some as soon as my Goodyear ATs wear out.

Huney1
03-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Kumho tires are cheap because they're made in Korea where they don't have all the BS OSHA and other expensive factors that drive the price up like it does in the US. Mine are two months old 2K miles on them and I am very pleased with how quiet and smooth they ride. One rainy day I found an empty corner in a parking lot so I could test my ABS brakes and Kumhos and they stopped on a dime. I'm not looking for a fast driving tire because I drive defensively and I feel safe with them. The Ford factory Bridgestones were terrible and the Kumho's made it an entirely different driving and riding vehicle.

2crunk
03-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Kumho tires are cheap because they're made in Korea where they don't have all the BS OSHA and other expensive factors that drive the price up like it does in the US. Mine are two months old 2K miles on them and I am very pleased with how quiet and smooth they ride. One rainy day I found an empty corner in a parking lot so I could test my ABS brakes and Kumhos and they stopped on a dime. I'm not looking for a fast driving tire because I drive defensively and I feel safe with them. The Ford factory Bridgestones were terrible and the Kumho's made it an entirely different driving and riding vehicle.

I agree Kuhmo's are a less expensive tire but are not cheaply made, another tire that i found that is good for the $$$ is Sumitomo. I put a set of P315/35ZR/17's on my 02 GT and drove thru snow/water with little difficulty.

Massive tire = Massive Grip.

Add your comment to this topic!