Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Skylines in Minnesota

nader3890
08-03-2006, 02:27 AM
I live in the middle of Minnesota and I'm haveing alot of trouble with this Skyline I want. It's a 1999 R34 GT-R with HIGH miles/kilometers. The car is going to cost about $13,000 or $14,000(says the people at the web site). And it seems like everyone was talking about motorex but they all were posted in like 2002 or 2003 and now its 2006. So I guess my question's are:

1. Is it still really expensive to get these things legalized?

2. If I get those crash test results and pics, what (other than that) do I need to get to make the car completely legal?

3. Is 13k way to low for a R34 GT-R even if it has really high miles?

4. Do you guys think this car is really worth all this trouble?

5. Now that its 2006 (not 2002 or 2003) is it still extremely hard to get it totally legal?

6. If you say its a kit car to the people at the DMV is that illgal/ will that work?

I know you have probably had all these questions asked but I have to work a couple of jobs to pay off my car stuff/ and to get $$$ for the Sklyine so I don't have time to research alot right now.

Thanks for the help,
Nate

slideways...
08-03-2006, 02:29 PM
1. yes
2. a home in another state or country.
3. low but not too low.
4. no way. not in any way shape or form is this worth the trouble.
5. yes. since motorex is the only place that did it and they went out of business a while ago. so youd have to try it yourself. but its not legal.
6. try it. i doubt it will work though. im pretty sure they would check to see if it came overseas in pieces or not.

in summary...save your money for the 07/08 skyline. its gonna be waaaay faster and cooler than any old ones. or move to canada and wait for like 10 more years and then it will be legal to import an R34 over there.

Add your comment to this topic!