Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trans code?

fordfan4life
08-02-2006, 09:59 PM
I have a 94 CV LX... looking to add a B&M ShiftPlus electronic shift improver. It says that it will install on any "ford RWD vehicle with trans code D, E, P, U, H, L, & V found on plate on driver door post." I looked on this plate, and found nothing that really seemed to lend itself as being a "trans code". Could anyone give me an idea of the location of this so-called "trans code"?

reekor
08-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Your so-called "trans code" is located on the driver's door on a white sticker. The so-called "trans code" is right beside the axle "AX" code and it should be PXXXX on a 94.

I have a 94 CV LX... looking to add a B&M ShiftPlus electronic shift improver. It says that it will install on any "ford RWD vehicle with trans code D, E, P, U, H, L, & V found on plate on driver door post." I looked on this plate, and found nothing that really seemed to lend itself as being a "trans code". Could anyone give me an idea of the location of this so-called "trans code"?

ModMech
08-05-2006, 02:07 PM
If you truely want the BEST shift improvements for your trans, and make it last longer, go here: www.tccoa.com and read their "Trans Tech" sections. Perform the "J-Mod" and be happy.

"J" of the "J-mod" was an engineer on these transmissions, and he knows ALL of their weaknesses, and exactly what needs to be changed and what will HURT it if changed. Follow ONLY the advice given on the tccoa trans tech articles, and you will not be sorry.

Add your comment to this topic!