Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Attn: Mushashi - Got Your Fix For 60'

2000LS1Z28
08-01-2006, 07:41 PM
This guy dropped 4 tenths of a sec. off of his 1/8th mile time w/ just MT Drag Radials:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544846

That would drop your car into the 13's. Just my point of advise (Though I like BFG's better).

clawhammer
08-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Just keep practicing. It's cheaper that throwing parts at your car

VR43000GT
08-01-2006, 08:44 PM
^I agree.Tires would help but see what you can do before throwing on anything a/m.

CassiesMan
08-01-2006, 09:21 PM
It's cheaper that throwing parts at your car

Never stopped any of the Supra owners I know.

Musashi3000GT
08-02-2006, 09:30 AM
I promised myself that i would hit the mid 13s stock. but mods are comming in the near future and if I have traction issues now you can imagine after i go Bobcat! yeah I def see Mikey Ts in my future.

Also last night I went to the SoFla Goat meet and there was a guy there with the MT ET streets! let me take a ride in his car and did a 100 shot out of the hole......not even a chirp! fukingfast! :eek:

-Jayson-
08-02-2006, 09:53 AM
your not gonna be daily driving around with drag radials, so dont use them. You dont have a drag car, you have a daily driver thats fast. It always bugs me when people say they have a certain time at the drag strip but only at the drag strip because of the tires.

2000LS1Z28
08-02-2006, 11:13 AM
your not gonna be daily driving around with drag radials, so dont use them. You dont have a drag car, you have a daily driver thats fast. It always bugs me when people say they have a certain time at the drag strip but only at the drag strip because of the tires.

I've raced with and without drag radials. I ran a 13.7 when the car was close to stock (Lid, catback, and pulley, and at altitude) on street tires. I just think that drag radials are the way to go if you wanna run good times (He's trying for mid 13's stock). I suppose he could just use nitto drag radials, which wear out as fast as a conventional tire. Dunno, you guys got me. I race w/ and w/o drag radials at the track. It's easier to drive a lower powered car w/ out drag radials, but a big change when you've got 400 rear torque, and can only get 2 passes in at your track in 8 hours.

clawhammer
08-02-2006, 11:41 AM
IMO stock =/= drag radials. The car didn't come with drag radials from the factory. If you want to claim that you ran mid 13s stock, then you have to do it on a street tire.

-Jayson-
08-02-2006, 11:52 AM
yeah how are drag radials stock? they arent, its aftermarket performance mod.

Musashi3000GT
08-02-2006, 03:22 PM
I said I would run the mid 13's stock....that means Im going to do it with the shitty tires it came with from factory!

I do want to buy the drag radial for after I mod the car though. but thats gonna be mounted on a spare set of wide rims I have and Im only gonna use them for the strip. Also i have a set of 4 rims underway, Those will be wrapped in Yokohama AVS-ES100s for daily driving and for the Auto X some sticky ass Advan Neovas wrapped over my stock rims.
that way Ill have tires for the track, tires for the strip and tires for the street.

clawhammer
08-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I said I would run the mid 13's stock....that means Im going to do it with the shitty tires it came with from factory!

I do want to buy the drag radial for after I mod the car though. but thats gonna be mounted on a spare set of wide rims I have and Im only gonna use them for the strip. Also i have a set of 4 rims underway, Those will be wrapped in Yokohama AVS-ES100s for daily driving and for the Auto X some sticky ass Advan Neovas wrapped over my stock rims.
that way Ill have tires for the track, tires for the strip and tires for the street.

I have the AVS-ES100s on my S2000 and they're about halfway worn. They're LOUD over concrete. If you haven't already ordered them, you may want to rethink it for daily driving.

Just curious, why not get some Kumho V710s for autox?

-The Stig-
08-02-2006, 03:34 PM
I have the AVS-ES100s on my S2000 and they're about halfway worn. They're LOUD over concrete. If you haven't already ordered them, you may want to rethink it for daily driving.

Just curious, why not get some Kumho V710s for autox?

Cause he's a Yoko man!

Although, the Kumho V710s are sexy to look at... something about semislick soft rubber tires.... :boink:

2000LS1Z28
08-02-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm talking about stock being no power adders. Obviously drag radials don't come stock on a car.

In any event how many of you have gone to the track? I always hear people quoting what others have run, with similar mods. I just wanna encourage people to hit the track. I thought i'd be staring at a low 13 sec. slip on street tires and the aforementioned lid, pulley, and catback, but only saw high 13's.

BTW, I dunno about you getting mid 13's Mushashi. It's gonna take a heckuva lot of practice to run those times. I'm tempted to say that you'll hit high 13's in due time, but not mid 13's. I mean some mag drivers have only seen high 13's with GTO's, and they are pros. Just relaying my $.02, not ragging.

Oh, and get track times w/ and w/o drag radials.

Musashi3000GT
08-02-2006, 04:51 PM
I know, but i gotta try.
Ive seen other people do it, why not me?

im willing to put in the practice and the miles back and forth from the track.
I'll nail it bro, eventually.....

clawhammer
08-02-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm talking about stock being no power adders. Obviously drag radials don't come stock on a car.

I still disagree. Gears aren't power adders, and yet they cut your 1/4 times down drastically.

2000LS1Z28
08-02-2006, 06:24 PM
I still disagree. Gears aren't power adders, and yet they cut your 1/4 times down drastically.

Actually theoretically you can argue that gears are a power adder. They multiply torque.

clawhammer
08-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Actually theoretically you can argue that gears are a power adder. They multiply torque.

I still say no :)

Gears just change the way power is applied, but they don't change power at all.

-The Stig-
08-02-2006, 06:51 PM
... can we keep it on topic? This debate on what's stock and whats not... gears and power adders can last an eternity. Let it go...... ;)

Thanks Boys. :thumbsup:

Add your comment to this topic!