Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

fuel pump, fuel door, trunk release failure

beavisediot
08-01-2006, 07:10 PM
my 95 crown victoria wont start. I don't know if the fuel pump is bad or if it is somewhere else in the circuit. I already replaced the pump relay. whats really confusing me is why the fuel door release and trunk release quit working at the same time as the fuel pump. when I first turn the key on the pump turns on for a second and shuts off. The trunk and fuel door release also work if you push it right after turning the key on but they sound like they are not getting full voltage. From what I can see the wires look good (no corrosion or broken wires) and all fuses are good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Johnny Mullet
08-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I would figure out the "No-Start" first. Hook a fuel pressure guage to the intake and monitor the pressure while trying to start.

KimMG
08-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Look at a wiring diagram and see if you can find a common point of failure. On a friend's car she had a common point of failure behind the fuse panel. The problem plug burned and melted adjacent plugs.

BMW320i
08-08-2006, 04:00 AM
If the pump turns on and off agian that prob means the pump is not bad. WHen you turn on the car the pump will turn on and when it reaches the proper psi it will turn off agian until it is signaled that the car needs more fuel. Usually after it starts. Unless you have a leak LOL. Have you checked spark yet. Or maybe your car is just completely dead. Just enough power to run the pump a sec and then nothing. Check the other things like wipers and headlights do these work?

beavisediot
08-27-2006, 03:21 PM
The fuel pump works, filter isn't clogged, everything has power. It looks like the problem is either the pcm or a bad sensor somewhere because, if I trigger the fuel pump relay manually the pump works. I'm just not sure which sensors can cause the fuel system to shut off. If anyone knows which sensors I should check and how to test them that would be a big help. thank you

BMW320i
08-27-2006, 03:23 PM
AIR PUMP not fuel AIR PUMP RELAY

way2old
08-27-2006, 03:52 PM
If you say the problem seems to be low voltage, look at all grounds to be sure they are clean and tight. Loose grounds cause a lot of electrical headaches. By jumping the relay to make it work, you are bypassing ground to the fuel pump relay. If you have low voltage to the pump, it will run but not create enough pressure to start vehicle.

Add your comment to this topic!