Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

EGR Sensor - Insufficient Flow and Above Max Voltage

dmiguy
08-01-2006, 03:01 PM
I just had Autozone run the tester on my CV that has the Check Engine light coming on periodically. Is this important? I just bought the car and am wondering if I have problems already.

Thanks, Mike

PS It is a 1994 with 115K

MT-2500
08-01-2006, 03:21 PM
I just had Autozone run the tester on my CV that has the Check Engine light coming on periodically. Is this important? I just bought the car and am wondering if I have problems already.

Thanks, Mike

PS It is a 1994 with 115K
Welcome to AF on your first post.
Yes it is important for egr valve to work.
Code no. and engine?
Open EGR valve with a vacume pump and see if engine pulls down or starts running real rough.
Post back results .
If not egr valve ports are usually stopped up.
MT

dmiguy
08-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Welcome to AF on your first post.
Yes it is important for egr valve to work.
Code no. and engine?
Open EGR valve with a vacume pump and see if engine pulls down or starts running real rough.
Post back results .
If not egr valve ports are usually stopped up.
MT

The codes are 332 and 337. The engine is a 4.6. I don't have a vacuum pump and really would know how to use one. I have only had the car 24 hours but it runs really smooth.

Thanks, Mike

MT-2500
08-01-2006, 04:08 PM
The codes are 332 and 337. The engine is a 4.6. I don't have a vacuum pump and really would know how to use one. I have only had the car 24 hours but it runs really smooth.

Thanks, Mike

THEY WILL RUN BETTER WITHOUT THE EGR VALVE WORKING.
Like untill the pistons starts melting down.
Better ge to a repair shop and have them fix it.
MT

way2old
08-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Do you have a basic set of hand tools and want to get dirty? If so the ports are not really difficult to clean. Let us know and we will guide you through the repair. MT2500 has made some good points in his posts. He is a very knowledgeable guy and I would listen to him.

ModMech
08-05-2006, 02:09 PM
The single most comon cause of low EGR flow codes on the '91-'95 Modular engines are plugged EGR passages.

There is a "how to clean" procedure posted at www.lincolnsonline.com it is EASY.

cobradude360
08-14-2006, 09:05 AM

Thanks, Mike
for code 332 go behind your upper intake plenum and check your pfe sensor there should be a rubber and silicone hose that runs from the sensor to the exhaust tube that runs to the egr valveand im willing to bet you any money that its eather gone, eroded away, or un pluged.

Add your comment to this topic!