Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ultimate Car Alarm

Kuhn
07-30-2006, 03:19 PM
I live in a suburb of Detroit and never realized how bad it was until somebody cut open my soft top to get 4 packs of Ramen Noodles... When the doors were unlocked!! I'd be pissed, but obviously somebody needed them more than I did.
:banghead:

Anyways, I'm not keeping food in the car anymore and I'm spending about $1000 - $1500 (for now) on an alarm since I have so much into my Jeep. Here's what I've come up with:
A Viper 791XV (proximity, motion, etc. sensors, fuel shutoff, and paging remote) and a Pea Soup smoke shield system (http://www.smokemachines.net/buy-car-smoke-screen-security-system.shtml). I might even go as far as to put all the wiring in stainless steel braided hose, get a battery backup, and throw some red and blue super bright LED strobes in the car (so it's impossible to see inside the car and catches alot of attention outside.) Eventually I'll get a GPS tracking system incase somebody does get away with it. I had all of this in my Eclipse, minus the Pea Soup smoke shield and the GPS tracking, and it worked great. I already have hood locks, a club, foot pedal lock, and a hidden kill switch.

Can anybody think of anything else to add to this? I'm going overboard with the alarm just like I've done with everything else in my Jeep... I have about $20k into it now, and could easily put another $20k into it. So a couple thousand for security is fine with me. I'm not giving up my car or anymore of my Ramen.
:lol:

Kuhn
07-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Oh yeah... I'm driving around with duct tape on the quarter window and a sign that says "Cut Here For Ramen Noodles". Anybody know of a place where I could get a good deal on a black, tinted quarter window for an '02 Wrangler? Thanks!

sevenslotgrill
07-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Wow.......can't believe someone was that hungry. Seems like it would be cheaper to keep it cleaned out and leave the top off. A soft top wrangler is the easiest thing in the world to get into.

G-man422
07-31-2006, 03:48 PM
lol, ramen noodles. man, thats too bad.

Kuhn
08-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Wow.......can't believe someone was that hungry. Seems like it would be cheaper to keep it cleaned out and leave the top off. A soft top wrangler is the easiest thing in the world to get into.

I'm keeping it cleaned out for now and leaving the doors open like usual (can't leave the top off in Michigan... The weather can change in 5 min). I'm even going to make some small stickers that say, "The Doors Are Unlocked" and put them on all the windows. :lol: I'm going to get some kind of alarm soon though... just to make it tough to get in for anybody but a pro. I just don't like the idea of the homeless having free rein over my car. But I'm sure I'll buy more and more for the alarm system until my checkbook hurts... That seems to be my trend with this car. $20k into it since I bought it in Dec. :lol:

sevenslotgrill
08-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Kuhn......Alarm story - So I was going fishing and it was a warm day so I didn't want to roll the windows up. I left the drivers window half way down and locked it with the key fob thingy (el cheepo factory alarm). Knowing I was going to be in earshot of the alarm anyway. So I'm on my way back to the jeep and I think I'll just reach in and unlock it and open the door. So the alarm goes off and I'm standing there trying to shut it off and it's making a racket and I'm pushing the wrong button. So after about 30 seconds (felt like 30 minutes) of this I realize that I need to put the key in the ignition and start it - - and it shuts off. I felt like a jerk but it was just me and the squirrels..

So back to your dilemma. If you don't want your top cut and even had this low end alarm you could just leave the window down enough and set the alarm and scare the hell out of the idiot cause he would just reach in and not cut your top.

Or...you could just get a big dog and collect fingers and hands.

sevenslotgrill
08-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Oh...forgot to mention. When you make those stickers they should say something like - - " Jeep Unlocked - but I can see you from my window and I need some target practice - so go ahead and make my day"

ponchonutty
09-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Kuhn, I like DEI and I'm a dealer for them but you should look into www.compustar.org if you want a good alarm.

Add your comment to this topic!