Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electronic Supercharger?

Burnerdominator
07-29-2006, 11:35 PM
I was paging through a new magazine of mine and i saw an electronic supercharger. Now underneath it said it puts out a pound of boost. Im thinking 'If its cheap buy it for an extra kick' They want nearly 600$ for one now wouldnt it be cheaper to save just a bit extra and buy a real turbo or supercharger? What are everyones thoughts on this?

For more info go here www.electronicsupercharger.com

Underground_Killah
07-29-2006, 11:40 PM
stay away like the plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Luos
07-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Tyte!!!!!

clawhammer
07-30-2006, 12:17 AM
You should get it. My friend's mothers barber's dog-walker has one on his Civic and he beats Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, Supras, TT 350z and even Type-rs at the track.

sportsb4life7
07-30-2006, 12:28 AM
You should get it. My friend's mothers barber's dog-walker has one on his Civic and he beats Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, Supras, TT 350z and even Type-rs at the track.

whoa even Type-rs .... i dont believe you

BeZerK2112
07-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Dude if you want some real boost, go to home depot and get a leaf blower! Hook that up to your intake and save about $550.00! Instant boost and Instant savings! What more could you ask for!?!

BeZerK2112
07-30-2006, 01:08 AM
I was just totally screwing around but then I found this! Check this out.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/leaf/0/ab544e3b-5dff-416d-9cfd-a1ad23ca9564.htm

But seriously, Still dont do it! Electronic Superchargers are a joke! You would be better off with a leaf blower! But dont do that eather.

VR43000GT
07-30-2006, 01:18 AM
To quote Igovert they aren't worth price it costs to ship them. Dont get it.

Burnerdominator
07-30-2006, 01:31 AM
I didnt ever plan on buying one. I got bigger plans for my vehicles. But seriously what actual car guy or girl would buy this? Its way to much money for one and two the power to money ratio sucks ass.

Elk
07-30-2006, 01:57 PM
But seriously, Still dont do it! Electronic Superchargers are a joke! You would be better off with a leaf blower! But dont do that eather.
Electric superchargers are real and they do actually work.

Now most ads for electric superchargers are BS stuff like E-Ram and a bunch other products are nothing more then fans, but there are real electric superchargers.

Like this: http://www.boosthead.com/product.php?id=18

The way you can tell the real ones from the fake ones is any electric supercharger that says you can just hook it up to your carís battery is fake.

VR43000GT
07-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Schweet! Where do I sign!?!

Igovert500
07-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Send me the $600, and I'll kick your rear bumper whenever you want that extra power.

mason_RsX
07-30-2006, 08:00 PM
I had heard rumors that Mazda was going to create a Mazdaspeed RX-8 with an electronic supercharger

but that was months and months ago

Elk
07-31-2006, 08:48 AM
I had heard rumors that Mazda was going to create a Mazdaspeed RX-8 with an electronic supercharger.
I doubt Mazda would do that because you can only use an electric supercharger in short bursts and you have to weight for it to recharge. Itís not something that will work on a car thatís being driven hard for a long time itís only good for shore drag races.

BeZerK2112
07-31-2006, 08:18 PM
Even reading about that electric supercharger make me turn the other way. Real supercahrgers work constantly. Not in bursts. And for the price of that you could almost get a used one off ebay, buy an intercooler, and have custom pipe bent! Then you would have a REAL supercharger.

Elk
08-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Even reading about that electric supercharger make me turn the other way. Real supercahrgers work constantly. Not in bursts. And for the price of that you could almost get a used one off ebay, buy an intercooler, and have custom pipe bent! Then you would have a REAL supercharger.
While Iím not saying that electric superchargers great, in fact they are vary limited, but there are some reason why someone would use an electric supercharger over a normal one.

With a normal supercharger some of the power it makes is being used to power it while with an electric supercharger all of the power it makes is going to the wheels. So if you have an engine that canít handle much boost you can make more power with an electric supercharger.

With an electric supercharger youíre only using more fuel when you want more power while with a normal supercharger youíre always using more fuel.

BeZerK2112
08-01-2006, 10:08 AM
With an electric supercharger youíre only using more fuel when you want more power while with a normal supercharger youíre always using more fuel.

I think thats relitive to how you drive your car. You can get great gasmilage if you drive normaly in a SC car. But people who put these in dont drive them normaly. They floor it at every light, stop sign, and want to race everyone on the block. They average close to 15 MPG in a small car that should be getting closer to 25. I had a buddy with a SC Cobra that got 6 MPG because of the way he drove! So you can get good MPG if you try.

Although you are loosing some power to the SC you are still making power to compinsate, and more efficiant power at that because of constant forced induction.

Why am I arguing? I like Turbochargers! :iceslolan

...So if you have an engine that canít handle much boost you can make more power with an electric supercharger.

You still chance a blow if your car cant handle it.

TheStang00
08-01-2006, 08:18 PM
no it doesnt work. its a gimic.

Add your comment to this topic!