intakes???

krypy-king
08-15-2002, 03:55 PM
just bought an intake, asked for cold air intake, on box it says super flow intake but no mention of cold air, is there such a thing as an intake and 1 called cold air intake or are intakes all cold air intakes.

Yes im stupid, and im ready for the insults as thats all i seem to get on this forum, but i just wanna know as i spent 6g's the other day on stuff, and i wanna know!!!

92 Teg-B18A
08-20-2002, 01:00 AM
sorry, but I'm not sure what you're asking?:confused:

RevHappy Cowboy®
09-03-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by krypy-king
just bought an intake, asked for cold air intake, on box it says super flow intake but no mention of cold air, is there such a thing as an intake and 1 called cold air intake or are intakes all cold air intakes.

Yes im stupid, and im ready for the insults as thats all i seem to get on this forum, but i just wanna know as i spent 6g's the other day on stuff, and i wanna know!!!

Generally there are only 2 kinds of intakes for jap imports, Short ram or Cold air, Cold air is more expensive, and of course offers better performance because the filter is placed behind the wheel thus sucking in COLD air, a short ram's filter is located inside the engine bay, sucking in WARM air, usually short rams are only there for the sound effects and the cheap ones may acturally decrease your performance in warm climates due to the high temperature of the air being utilized.

as for "super flow intake", that's just a marketing name...I suspect it is probably the HKS Super Mega Flow intake you're talking about, and yes, it is a variation form of the short ram, aside from cosmetic differences :bandit:

Add your comment to this topic!