Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stalls and dies when it is hot outside, accellerates improperly also

troy2481
07-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Hi this summer my car has decided to die when it gets above 90 degrees outside. I had talked to someone and they said these cars have problems was the air temp sensor in the mass air flow sensor alot. Anyone else have this problem?? Also the car doesn't accelerate properly, around 2000rpm it doesn't have the power it should then I give it more gas and it jumps up and goes faster than it should accelerate normally, so basically I have accelerate slow and fast not were I would want it....very annoying. She said that the mechanic said that this also could be the egr valve, mass air flow, or distributor. Oh and it is a 3.0 lx 1992. Can anyone relate with these problems?

SchuyDesign
08-06-2006, 06:39 PM
:banghead: How Frustrating. I have a 95 Probe that was doing the same thing. This may or may not help you....

:licka: First off check all fluids (Radiator, Coolant, Oil, etc.)
If you are low on any of these fill them up. You may have a Water Pump Leak. Thats what was wrong with mine. It'd hit 90* out car would idle low as heck sputter and die, then it'd kind of jolt forward when you went to accelerate over 1500 RPMs.
Also check your timing belt. This may be causing your acceleration problems.
I HOPE THIS HELPS, I'm not the smartest auto person in the world. :grinno:

tmarsh
08-08-2006, 09:20 AM
I had a similar problem with my toyota camry (morning it wouyld start fine. If it had been out all day in the sun, it wouldn't start). It was the coolant temp. sensor. I believe Probe's have them also. Apparently the sensor tells the engine how hot it is and helps in the air flow ratio. It solved my problem.
Hope this helps.

Aaron

Add your comment to this topic!