Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

feeling autocidal...

midnight_lost
07-28-2006, 09:05 PM
my 89 blaze's power windows/locks stoped working and I can seem to find the power lock relay, I did find some relays right beside the ebrake release handle on was the horn relay and the other two are a mystery and I can find out what they are even from my local parts store. one looks like the horn relay its square with 3 connections that are aranged like this

I _ I

it has a part # gm 15573234 dot

and the other one makes a joy buzzer sound when I press my horn or try to use the button to release the back glass window its rectangle and has seven connections that look like this

_ _ _
_ _ _ _

it has 2 part # on it 15557321 and 8315

if anyone can help in any way I would greatly apreciate it

midnight_lost
07-28-2006, 11:56 PM
can anyone help with getting power windows and locks working again?

Nasty_Nate
08-03-2006, 11:55 PM
can't say i know where the relays are for those, but if you look hard enough at autozone.com, they have diagrams and locations of where stuff is. i've only replaced the window motors and locks before, can't say i've ever had to do relays.

midnight_lost
08-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Found the problem! :screwy:

it turns out that even though all the wiring that I've looked at appears to be brand new, the wiring between the door and the body(on the inside of the tube) is quite old and cracked. I just spliced in some new wire and my power windows and locks are woring perfectly again...

hope this will help someone else out with their power window or power lock problem...

Add your comment to this topic!