Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Video of my 71 Nova

Robs71Nova
07-27-2006, 08:34 PM
This is a short video of my 1971 Chevy Nova.

WHen I had the time to post on AF lot, I frequented the street racing forums the most, so thats why I am posting the video here.

The car went under 25 fet of salt water during hurricane katrina. It is in the process of a ful restoration and has all new drivetrain (454, turbo 400 with 3000 stal, posi-12 bolt rear) that was built to run pretty well. The video was taken yesterday,and it has primer on it today. The car will have paint on it within 7 days.

This is my first video ever, so please cut me a little slack. The video is 3:48 long and 29 megs. In the future I will mess with making the file smaller, but for now it is the best I can do.

SO here is the video.. Please tell me what you think. I did notice that the car sound really shitty through headphones, and the video in general really doesnt do the car justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-9sdyuhHKw

Thanks again,

Rob

Colov99
07-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Glad to see your ok and you got the car running again. It looks good, and I cant wait to see it in its full glory.

GForce957
07-27-2006, 09:15 PM
I love that sound

You have a ton of nice cars!

xXxRocker5150
07-28-2006, 12:53 AM
like vettes much? :D... nice nova, what are your plans for it?

-Jayson-
07-28-2006, 12:56 AM
yeah you got alot of nice cars man, me like!

Robs71Nova
07-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Thanks alot guys.

Unfortunately, I can not take credit for all of those cars. That is my Father's garage. The Nova is there because my father is doing the painting on it while I do the body work, and there is no room for it where I live. The red 71 in the back corner is mine as well. All the other cars, and a 64 vette convertible across the street are all his.

As far as the plans for the car, right now Im just trying to get it all the way on the road. After going under water there are bound to be some electrical problems somewhere, but a battery wasn't in the car when it went under so alot of it should be fine.

The motor Dyno'ed on an engine stand at 520ish hp/tq, and that is plenty enough for me for the time being. Eventually a small shoot, 100ish, will be going on the motor but those are future plans.

Thanks again for the comments.

Rob

Igovert500
07-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Glad to see you're back. I remember you taking one hell of a beating from the hurricanes. I had figured your car collection was all totaled out. Happy to see the Nova will be running again.

Robs71Nova
07-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Glad to see you're back. I remember you taking one hell of a beating from the hurricanes. I had figured your car collection was all totaled out. Happy to see the Nova will be running again.

Thanks man. I was finally able to get back into my house in mid march. My house was on pylons and it had me 9 feet off the ground, so that basically saved the house because I only had 6 feet or water inside.

Both of my collectible cars (The Nova and Vette) went under, but I am almost done with restoring the Vette. Runs great and all new interior. I saved my toy, the Nova, for last to redo.

Right now the only thing keeping me from driving te car is lack of driveshaft. One is being made as I type and it should be good in a coupld days. Hopefully by this time next Friday the car will be back and 100% on the road.

Rob

Igovert500
07-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Awesome to hear

Add your comment to this topic!