Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission Trouble on a 1995 GMC Jimmy

Black_Mc_Jack
07-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Hello, I'm Dwight I just aquired a 1995 GMC 6 cylinder automatic Jimmy from my father. The only problem is that the car transmission gave out and it will not move, it's like it is always in neutral. I'm trying to save up to buy a new part but I do not know which part would cause the car to stop running like this. Could some one help me? if it helps my father smelled something burning before it went.

maxwedge
07-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Hello, I'm Dwight I just aquired a 1995 GMC 6 cylinder automatic Jimmy from my father. The only problem is that the car transmission gave out and it will not move, it's like it is always in neutral. I'm trying to save up to buy a new part but I do not know which part would cause the car to stop running like this. Could some one help me? if it helps my father smelled something burning before it went.
Is the fluid full, is it discolored and burnt, any reverse, any noises, lots of info missing here. BTW welcome to AF, but in the future try and provide more compehensive info and plenty of knowledgeable guys here can help you.

Add your comment to this topic!