Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bravada A/C

cortervette
07-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Question, If the a/c is low on freon does it cause the pump to cycle more often? My 2000 seems to be cycling more often than I remember.

ericn1300
07-27-2006, 01:16 PM
the only time my 92 compressor cycles on off is when in the defrost setting. in a/c mode it stays on all the time. checking your freon level would be a good place to start. pressures will change while running the a/c if the level is marginal. are you getting cold air?

old_master
07-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Question, If the a/c is low on freon does it cause the pump to cycle more often? My 2000 seems to be cycling more often than I remember.

An A/C system that incorporates R134a refrigerant, a clutch cycling switch, and a fixed orifice tube, have far too many variables involved that can affect their operation. These variables make it IMPOSSIBLE to check pressures and determine the amount of refrigerant that is in the system, and to diagnose it correctly. Ambient temperature, humidity, condition of fixed orifice tube, fan clutch operation, radiator cooling ability, thermostat, air flow across condenser and radiator, condition of the evaporator, (to name a few), all affect high and low side pressures, clutch cycling times, register outlet temperatures and overall A/C performance. As little as 2 ounces high or low on refrigerant will affect performance. The ONLY way to be certain how much refrigerant is in the system is to drain, evacuate and recharge the system with the proper amount of refrigerant and oil. Once that's accomplished, you can evaluate and diagnose the system properly. Hope this helps.

cortervette
09-01-2006, 11:04 AM
the only time my 92 compressor cycles on off is when in the defrost setting. in a/c mode it stays on all the time. checking your freon level would be a good place to start. pressures will change while running the a/c if the level is marginal. are you getting cold air?
Yes I am getting nice cold air, and th esystem seems to be working fine.

cortervette
09-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Thanx

Add your comment to this topic!