Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Help with my Integra - Starting prroblem Vti-R (GSR)

Vti-R_integra_1994
07-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Hi

latly iv been havin g problems starting my car and some other wierd problems.

most of the times or sometimes the car starts perfectly, but other times i have troubles.

Sometimes when it starts, the car struggles to keep it self on, and then the car just turns off by it self, in a struggling way. Its like its trying hard to remaiin on, but the engine dies out struglling. Even when it still on and you hit the gas a little bit, it revs, but the power you just start loosing power n then the car just turns off strugling, and when u do hit the gas, its like your pressing the gas on a go cart or something, seems very weak.

however sometimes, it doesnt start, and you just hear the clicking sound, which usually indicates that your battery is low, the "clicking sound".

sometimes this happends right after the first problem, after the engine dies down, i wait abit and then try to start again.

also when even these problems occure, if i wait about 5-10 minutes the car starts perfectly and everything works perfectly.

like if i keep trying to start and start over and over again, the wors the problem gets, but if i just leave it for couple of minutes it gets better and better and the signs look better in starting the car, but if i wait like 10 minutes its very lickly that it will start.

so has anyone had this problem before? or know what the problem is.

also here are some things that could be causing a problem.

cold air intake, which the pod is just connected straight to the standard air filter tube, no metal chrome pipe, just the pod connected to where the air filted box is connected.

I have a amp in the car some people say its bad for the battery.

and also i think the spark plugs, and the wires havnt been changed for a while, and dont know when they were changed last.

and also these problems started occuring not long after i connected the pod which works as a cold air in take.

however at this stage i'm positive that it is not a battery problem, even thou the battery is very old, and its way over due for a battery change. Because just last night, i went to a friends house to watch movies, and then when i went to go home, i disscovered that i had left the inside ligh on in the car, and it was still on when i got back, and the car started perfectly on the first time.

also ages ago a mechanic told me that if i put a cold air intake system on my car that i would have trouble starting the car in winter, which it is right now in australia, but i dont think that explains some of the other problems.

and also these problems only happen sometimes.

so anyone here has a clue?

also does anyone know how to check when the timing belt needs to be changed, because i bought the car when it had done 159,000km, but most proberly the km's were taken down on the car before i bought it.

aprriciate it if someone can

somick
07-27-2006, 01:32 PM
It comes to my mind that you may have fuel delivery problems. Check out your fuel filter.

I would also try to do a regular maintenance: spark plugs, wires, distributor cap.

The fact that you left your dome light on does not really mean anything. They draw very little current. So I would also check your electrical system. Here in the US the majority of automotive stores check your battery and alternator for free.

I was not able to find your model (I assume that would be Integra) in the chart I have for timing belts replacement. For older vehicles I heard the number 60,000 miles.

Good luck,

Sam

BLU CIVIC
07-27-2006, 01:38 PM
yeah i was gonna say either fuel or spark

Add your comment to this topic!