Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A good car is hard to come by

4DR racer
07-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Im trying to get serious about drifting.....tire of doing it in my friends 240sx, more over he is tire of me burning up his tires! So Im looking around and trying to figure out what would be the best car to go with for a 3rd tier drifter like myself who is on a tight budget and may have to drive it to work every day. I was thinking a 89-91 240, a carolla Gts. Those are the omly cheapos I can think of but any assistance would be great.:2cents:

DylanTrott
09-02-2006, 04:29 PM
That sounds like a good idea. Look on ebay. They have some reliable cars. Just make sure you can test drive the thing before ya buy it. Good luck. Sorry I can't offer more insight... I don't know much about what a good drifting car needs.

Dyno247365
09-02-2006, 11:21 PM
The only advice I can give is to not look for cars that have been drifted, you want a pure car. Drifting = breaking

MetalHeadZaid
09-03-2006, 09:12 AM
your never gonna find a corolla for cheap in this day and age. a 91 240 is your best bet.

Elk
09-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Im trying to get serious about drifting.....tire of doing it in my friends 240sx, more over he is tire of me burning up his tires! So Im looking around and trying to figure out what would be the best car to go with for a 3rd tier drifter like myself who is on a tight budget and may have to drive it to work every day. I was thinking a 89-91 240, a carolla Gts. Those are the omly cheapos I can think of but any assistance would be great.:2cents:
A Mustang or a Camaro. They are about as cheap to buy and fix as it gets.

If your set on a import I would go with a Miata.

I know non of these cars are seen as drifting cars, but if you want something cheap to drift I think they are your best bets.

DylanTrott
09-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Honestly I would say go with the corolla man. Best bet... A stang or a camora would be a lot more upsetting if crashed... Allthough a well tuned AE86 crashing would make babies cry.

VR43000GT
09-05-2006, 12:40 AM
^ If you are in drifting you'll probably want a RWD car. Though it has been done with FWD cars, RWD would be your best bet.

Elk
09-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Honestly I would say go with the corolla man. Best bet... A stang or a camora would be a lot more upsetting if crashed... Allthough a well tuned AE86 crashing would make babies cry.
Well the idea is to buy a Mustang or Camaro in working condition, not mint condition. You know something that if it gets a few more dents it’s not going to be the end of the world.

I don’t think the Corolla is a good idea because I don’t see parts being ease or cheap for to find for it.

^ If you are in drifting you'll probably want a RWD car. Though it has been done with FWD cars, RWD would be your best bet.
We are talking about the old RWD Corollas (AE86). Toyota stopped making them in 1986.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AE86_Sprinter_Trueno

I had a friend that had 1985 that looked like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1b/New_stock_ae86_coupe.jpg

When I saw it, it was leaking oil, the pop-up headlights had stopped working and the back end was rusted like craze. And this was back in 1997 when the car was only 12 years old I can only imagine the condition a cheap Corolla would be in now. This wouldn’t be a big deal if it was a common car that was ease to get parts for, but it’s not.

VR43000GT
09-05-2006, 12:11 PM
^^ Hehe, seems as if I was a little short minded last night.

Elk
09-05-2006, 12:19 PM
^^ Hehe, seems as if I was a little short minded last night.
Just be glad I’m not a Initial D fan. One of those guy would probably freak-out and stab you for calling a AE86 FWD.:lol:

Add your comment to this topic!