Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 Town and Country

deej
07-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Greetings all, I have only a couple of days to get an idea of a problem my mom is having with her van. She bought a 1997 Town and Country, this week, and there is another van the same year, same color and options right with it for parts. There are a couple of issues with it. First of all the Compressor for the air conditioning is making a lot of noise, so it is unplugged right now. I am prepared to change that out when I go there, but I was wondering is the compressor up top or down below? Just trying to get an idea of how hard this will be. The second issue is that the window on the drivers side won't roll down, so I think it will be a process of elimination, changing the switch out, checking to see if power is getting to the motor etc. Any ideas on what to look for? I suppose that each window has a fuse in the engine bay, so I will start there. Thanks in advance.

neon_rt
07-26-2006, 12:35 PM
The compressor is on the top side and easy to get to.

ggratecc
07-26-2006, 12:48 PM
. The second issue is that the window on the drivers side won't roll down, so I think it will be a process of elimination, changing the switch out, checking to see if power is getting to the motor etc. Any ideas on what to look for? I suppose that each window has a fuse in the engine bay, so I will start there. Thanks in advance.
You need to replace the regulator in the door, read this thread:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=568033

Greg

deej
07-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks, that was really quick, I'll check it out on Friday. My mom lives a couple of hours away, so I want to make sure I head down there with as much information as I can get. Thanks again.

deej

deej
07-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Well good news for me, I thought to myself about the van and the window problem, and none of the windows worked. So I figured it had to be something in a connection. I checked out all of the small fuses, the distribution fuses and anything else I could think of, and they all tested good, then I opened the master control on the drivers side to discover that the main plug that goes into the 4 way switch was unplugged, it looks like the clip was broke off, and had vibrated off. Plugged it in an everything works. Now how often is anything in life that easy? I also took off the A/C compressor and will be installing it sometime this week when my mom comes up for a visit. Thanks for the replies.:wink:

Add your comment to this topic!