Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 In-Cabin Air filter replacement = HOW?

audible
07-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey Guys,
Anyone changed their "in-cabin" air filter or Know of an article explaining th steps???:naughty:

Thanks

TopherS
07-27-2006, 01:56 PM
I did not know the Rendezvous had a filter...now I'll have to go and check the wife's car to see where it is. On my Park Avenue, I changed it about a year ago. Somewhat of a PITA. In the Park Ave, it is way up under the dash, against the firewall.

If it's like the Park Ave, there will be 3 separate filters that connect to each other (one sliding onto the next). It's almost like an upside down Pez dispenser...when you slide the bottom filter out (the side of the filter box), the middle and top filters drop down...then slide the middle one out and the top filter drops down and then you slide it out. You load it the same way...sliding the top filter (they're all interchangeable, by the way...there's no specific "top, middle, bottom" filter) in the box, lift it up enough to slide the middle one in, then lift them up and slide the bottom filter in. The pain comes in that they connect to each other by sliding in/out of grooves...and when installing them, they don't cooperate. On my Park Ave, I just gave up and installed one after the other, but not connected to each other.

I'll check the wife's car and post back with what I find...

Update...at lunch, I checked the owner's manual, which doesn't even mention a cabin filter. I'll have to crawl up under the dash after work or this weekend to check.

Chameleon-kat
07-28-2006, 06:34 AM
Don't know for sure on Buick version, but for the Pontiac, the cabin filter is accessed from a door in the glove box. Just look way in back. Once you get in there check and see if there is one or 2 filters.

TopherS
08-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks, Chameleon-kat, for the info. :thumbsup: I would have never found it, otherwise. The Buick, too, has the in-cabin filter in the glove box. Open the glove box, look in the back. You will see an access door. It will come off completely, revealing yet another door. Open that one and the filter is right there. Just pull it out. After you remove the 1st one, the 2nd one is to the left...just slide it right and pull it out. They are to be inserted in a specific direction (up/back), but are marked on the plastic part of the filter to show you how they are to be inserted. Extremely easy...for once! :biggrin:

Add your comment to this topic!