’98 Rodeo Alarm Problems

dh302
07-25-2006, 01:49 PM
All,

My girlfriend’s ’98 Rodeo has intermittent alarm problems. After searching this website I see that this must be a common problem. I pulled the fuse labeled “DRL” I think. Does anyone know what that fuse is? I thought it was the alarm system, but it didn’t stop the alarm problems when I removed it. I pulled the alarm and keyless entry control box next to the glovebox and that seemed to disable the alarm system. Are there any hidden “gotchas” or side effects of unplugging the alarm control box? She has already lost both keyless remotes so the keyless entry is useless anyway.

Thanks.
Doug

Gizmo42
07-25-2006, 03:41 PM
The DRL fuse is for Daytime Running Lights. Only used where they are required (like Canada). I dont think anything else will be effected by just pulling the box, I dont know how it would effect the power locks using the key.

What is the actual problem with the alarm? If it keeps randomly going off its typicly either the hood switch or tailgate switch needing adjusted. Both are easy fixes.

As far as remotes for the keyless entry, there are tons of them on ebay for around $20.

dh302
07-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Dave,

Thanks for the information. Is there a fuse for the alarm system? If so where is it and what will it be labeled? I will check the hood and tailgate switches. Could they cause the alarm to go off when you are driving down the road? Are there any wiring schematics available for this vehicle or service manuals similar to Chilton Manuals? I checked the local parts stores and they said there were none available. Thanks.

Doug

Gizmo42
07-25-2006, 08:00 PM
There should be a fuse for just the alarm system in the fuse box on the side of the dash. It should be a 10 amp and labled as anti theft.

The alarm system should not be active at all while driving so the tailgate and hood switches should have no effect while driving.

The wiring diagrams in chiltons (and even haynes for isuzus) are lacking in wiring diagrams. They cover too many years in one book so the 98+ models dont get the coverage they need. If you have high speed internet (or alot of patience for dial up) you can download a factory service manual in PDF format from http://foto.afn.kz/x/Rodeo/99Year/Rodeo99.pdf It has all the diagrams you need.

98 would be exactly the same as 99. Most changes were cosmetic between those years. Its best to use a download manager (I used byte catcher) with that server, it seems to work alot better with them. Its a large file (22,039,438 bytes) I dont remember how long it took to d/l with high speed cable but wasnt too bad.

Thanks to Kirill for putting the manuals online!

dh302
07-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks,
Doug

texaswash
06-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Here is a working link for the 1998/1999 Isuzu Rodeo Service Manual, 22MB in size, 2,600 pages:

http://rapidshare.com/files/12505692/Rodeo99.pdf

Add your comment to this topic!