Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help: Dupont Thinner Code

cyberkid
07-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Hey all.
I'm looking for a Cellulose (cellulose??) thinner made by Dupont...
I've tried looking on their website but navigating thier site has linked me to other sites without seeing any of thier paint products.
What I need is a product code or link.

Also, if there is anyone else here that knows what cellulose thinners translates to in chinese please let me know...

TIA
Steve

MPWR
07-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Maybe this will help?

Cobracolors tutorial (http://www.cobracolors.com/tutorials/sources.htm)

Cold_Fire
07-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Don't know what you mean with celulose thinner. Thinner for solvent based Dupont automotive paints is code AB380, "basecoat thinner".

Dupont paints web is this one:

www.dupontrefinish.com

You can enter different sections, as "Color formulas" where you can find any Dupont paint with different search engines, or "Technical data sheets" where you get full information about all their products.

dag65
07-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Technically speaking I believe you are looking for "reducer" not "thinner"

cyberkid
07-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Ok...
First, thank all of you for you replies.
I recently bought some MCW paints from Hiroboy and he told me that I need to look for cellulous thinner, now that may be British termonology but I'm not sure. Can't find Cellulous in any dictionary I have...:screwy:
When looking around I've heard that normally automotive paint thinners will melt plastic except for the stuff used for bumpers.. Is this the stuff that you guys use?
Oh boy, feelin dizzy :rolleyes:
Thanks again,
Steve

patoffspyder
07-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Personnaly I use PPG Lacquer thinner and this stuff is great. I thin my Cobra Colors paint with it. Sure, if you take your model and put it in the lacquer thinner, your model will dispear in a couple of hours. But for thinning paint, it's perfect. The plastic will not melt when the paint touch it. The code for the PPG is DLT 105.

dag65
07-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Personnaly I use PPG Lacquer thinner and this stuff is great. I thin my Cobra Colors paint with it. Sure, if you take your model and put it in the lacquer thinner, your model will dispear in a couple of hours. But for thinning paint, it's perfect. The plastic will not melt when the paint touch it. The code for the PPG is DLT 105.
Thats a good one to use , typically any medium temp reducer will work fine on a model. I have also had good luck with primer grade reducer from Autozone. I usually use HOK paints and use the HOK reducer, which has also worked well with PPG clear.

Add your comment to this topic!