Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aston Martin Dbr9 From Model Factory Hiro????

sam01contact
07-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just saw a new Aston Martin DBR9 1:24 kit from Model Factory Hiro!!!
Is this kit better than the Renaissance version??

Any info would be very appreciated!! I raised the $$ to buy the Aston, and I want to be sure I´m getting the best kit I can buy.

Veyron
07-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just saw a new Aston Martin DBR9 1:24 kit from Model Factory Hiro!!!
Is this kit better than the Renaissance version??

Any info would be very appreciated!! I raised the $$ to buy the Aston, and I want to be sure I´m getting the best kit I can buy.

The body has to be better, and generally MFH kits are better than Renaissance.

rallymaster
07-24-2006, 07:10 PM
would you be able to judge by yourself with these links ?
http://www.hlj.com/product/MFHK126
http://www.hlj.com/product/MFHK127

Phil

ScaleCentral
07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
The body is better as it is symmetrical. The interior bits are also a little more detailed, but Renaissance is ahead on terms of the smaller details such as the air blower, cell phone, etc. I'm getting a MFH kit at the end of the month. If you can wait that long, I can take pics when I get it.
Nic

MidMazar
07-24-2006, 08:13 PM
mmmm i can only dream.

klutz_100
07-25-2006, 06:06 AM
The body is better as it is symmetrical. The interior bits are also a little more detailed, but Renaissance is ahead on terms of the smaller details such as the air blower, cell phone, etc. I'm getting a MFH kit at the end of the month. If you can wait that long, I can take pics when I get it.
Nic
Pleeeease post pics!! (or PM me)

Rtuned
07-25-2006, 10:46 AM
I had order the Renassiance version. Heard that MFH DBR9 is a very simplify kit, that's why is so cheap (at least it is the cheapest of all MFH list). Very little parts but maybe is alot more easier to fix.:2cents:

grundski
07-25-2006, 11:05 AM
MFH creates their kits using CAD and 3D printing so it is probably more accurate and definetly symetrical. Renaissance did a diary of the creation of their kit. His started with a Panoz and modified it by hand. So it is not symetrical or perfect. It will take much more work to build than the hiro. As far as details, the Renaissance kits in general have the most in terms of PE and turned metal.

freakmech
07-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Ill be getting my MFH DBR9 in the mail on Tuesday or Wed. (of next week) so ill post picks of both kits and do a comparison. the Ren kit is very nice and detailed despite a few symmetry problems. The MFH looks very simple for a MFH so i have a feeling im still going to like the Ren kit more. We will see...

klutz_100
07-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Ill be getting my MFH DBR9 in the mail on Tuesday or Wed. (of next week) so ill post picks of both kits and do a comparison. the Ren kit is very nice and detailed despite a few symmetry problems. The MFH looks very simple for a MFH so i have a feeling im still going to like the Ren kit more. We will see...
It's not often I get fidgety waiting for a follow-up post but I think this is going to be one of those times. (why isn't there a "drooling" smiley? ;) )

Does one understand correctly that you will have both kits, Sir?

freakmech
07-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Does one understand correctly that you will have both kits, Sir?

I posted pics of my Ren kit a few months ago ( with a bunch of other resin kits in Motorsport section) and Kevin at Strada just informed me he will be recieving the MFH kit this Thursday or Friday and shipping me one immediately, 3 day mail. So im excited to compare the 2 as well.

Veyron
07-25-2006, 06:26 PM
I'd much rather have a correct body proportion than more parts.

sam01contact
07-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks everyone for your help and interest!

Here´s my dillemma: I have the money (a lot of extra hours at work), and I have the renaissance kit on order, but I just saw the MFH kit listed. In fact, I have changed my order to get the MFH kit, but I just want to be sure I am doing the right thing.

I see the rennaisance kit have a lot of photoetched detail, but since both versions are curbside, I like MFH focus in body detail and correct proportions.

By the way, I see Cobra Colors have the original Aston Martin paint in stock, but I am living in Mexico for the moment...Cobra Colors does not ship to Mexico, so I was wondering if any of you know a way to ship the paint down here.

freakmech
07-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Do you want a nice shelf kit or do you want a full detail (minus engine) contest killer? buy both LOL

sportracer02
07-26-2006, 12:06 AM
I'd much rather have a correct body proportion than more parts.

:iagree:

cabarbe
07-27-2006, 04:06 AM
Well, it could be possible a mix of both: correct body + super detail, but it would probably be cheaper buying the real car :)

Add your comment to this topic!