Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tell me about the VR-4..

Vtec95Civic
07-24-2006, 10:08 AM
So, after my plans for buying a bike fell through, I'm going to try and save up to replace my 95 civic EX. I am thinking that a VR-4 would certainly be a nice upgrade but I don't know if I'll be able to save up enough money. How much do they usually sell for, in decent condition. How are they in terms of reliability (it would be my daily driver), comfort, etc. Are they easy to mod, expensive to maintain.. gimme anything you got.

Andydg
07-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Price for the car will depend on your area, the year of the car, and mileage. From what I've heard they aren't very reliable and are very hard to work on making maintenance very expensive. Not sure what you mean by easy to mod. I would never buy one for myself as a daily driver, as a second/weekend car...hell yeah, if I had the money to maintain it.

drdisque
07-27-2006, 03:30 PM
if you're thinking about getting a VR4, get a Dodge Stealth R/T TT instead, they're the same car but generally run a little cheaper and for some reason are usually cheaper to insure as well.

kman10587
07-28-2006, 07:41 PM
if you're thinking about getting a VR4, get a Dodge Stealth R/T TT instead, they're the same car but generally run a little cheaper and for some reason are usually cheaper to insure as well.

Because it's a lot "cooler" to street race a Mitsubishi than a Dodge.

Add your comment to this topic!