Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Af

YogsVR4
08-13-2002, 05:24 PM
Okay. I've cought bits and pieces out there about AF being bogged down, but who knows whats going on? I've been getting a "server busy" almost everytime I stop in the last few weeks and today its finally gotten past the minor annoyance stage. I dont stake my life out here so its fine if I can't get in from time to time, but its starting to annoy me. I check the number of users and its nowhere near the maximum total that used to me on here.

So again. Whats going on? :confused:

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

3geezadmin
08-13-2002, 05:28 PM
it's funny you said that yogs, I just made a topic in the honda/acura OT regarding the speed of AF. here it is..

I am sure I will get banned because I am posting, but I just had to share this..

If you ever go to the bottom of the page it tells you how long it took to get the page and what percentage was PHP and what percentage was MYSQL

This shows how lightning quick AF has gotten since G20, 3geez, and PH has left AF..

Page generated in 39.5376450 seconds (0.54% PHP - 99.46% MySQL) with 14 queries.

damn that's quick..

taranaki
08-13-2002, 05:32 PM
Nobody ever got banned for speaking their mind in a civilised manner.As to the tech side of the question,you'd need to p.m. Igor,but he's probably just as frustrated with the situation.As far as I am concerned,AF is still bloody good value for a free site.

Damien
08-13-2002, 05:33 PM
I don't either! It's weird, but I don't get impatient! When it comes up, I hit the refresh over and over when it starts to come up and after about 5 times, what I want is there. I still get most of my posts down in an hour or so and I post at least 10 times everytime I'm on so, it bothers me but yet it doesn't.

I want to know how we can help???

3geezadmin
08-13-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by taranaki
Nobody ever got banned for speaking their mind in a civilised manner.

That may be true over here but in the honda/acura section if you were disgruntled about AF even a little, the Mods banned you. many of the 3geez members were banned because they voiced an opinion when we left. Some deserved to get banned, many didn't though. BUT, if what you say is true, about opinions that are not in the best interest of AF not getting banned in this section, then I am glad for that. The honda/acura mods and administrative people should learn from that.

YogsVR4
08-13-2002, 05:56 PM
Nobody ever got banned for speaking their mind in a civilised manner.As to the tech side of the question,you'd need to p.m. Igor,but he's probably just as frustrated with the situation.As far as I am concerned,AF is still bloody good value for a free site.

I think its a good site - otherwise I wouldn't be here at all. I just thought I'd see if something was up.

One of the quick things that can make the site faster without having to do a server upgrade is purging old posts.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

taranaki
08-13-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Damien

I want to know how we can help???

Good to see someone is asking positive questions.Patience is the only hope that I can offer,AF membership is expanding at an alarming rate,and the large number of images on display means that lots of outside sites are linkig to ouyr pictures,which is using large amounts of bandwidth.If you wish to show an AF picture on another site,please downloadit to your hard drive,don't link directly.

Spec2 Girl
08-13-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 3geezadmin
That may be true over here but in the honda/acura section if you were disgruntled about AF even a little, the Mods banned you. many of the 3geez members were banned because they voiced an opinion when we left. Some deserved to get banned, many didn't though. BUT, if what you say is true, about opinions that are not in the best interest of AF not getting banned in this section, then I am glad for that. The honda/acura mods and administrative people should learn from that. I’m sure you will find they were banned for more than expressing an opinion. If not, then maybe it was the way they expressed their opinions that had something to do with it.

Jay!
08-13-2002, 06:01 PM
0.1672870 seconds:
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/374473point1672870.jpgOriginally posted by 3geezadmin
That may be true over here but in the honda/acura section if you were disgruntled about AF even a little, the Mods banned you. many of the 3geez members were banned because they voiced an opinion when we left. Some deserved to get banned, many didn't though.Bored, Marc? :rolleyes:

<edit: width>

taranaki
08-13-2002, 06:06 PM
Can't be much going on at 3geez.com........:D :D

3geezadmin
08-13-2002, 06:15 PM
not bored, just checking in to see if it's sped up since igor lost his "big fish" in PH, but it's still slow even without them :(.

Good to see someone is asking positive questions.Patience is the only hope that I can offer,AF membership is expanding at an alarming rate,and the large number of images on display means that lots of outside sites are linkig to ouyr pictures,which is using large amounts of bandwidth.If you wish to show an AF picture on another site,please downloadit to your hard drive,don't link directly.

actually, Igor should have stopped that if it was a problem. I believe there is a hack on vb.org (the place where he gets all "his" improvements like the "post removed by moderator) that doesn't allow linking of attached images. I remember looking at it and thinking about installing it myself on 3geez.com but it's not a problem on my site. you should seriously bring that up to him, but I can't imagine that he doesn't have that installed already, he already has a ton of the hacks installed from over there and I can't see him missing that one.

DVSNCYNIKL
08-13-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 3geezadmin

That may be true over here but in the honda/acura section if you were disgruntled about AF even a little, the Mods banned you. many of the 3geez members were banned because they voiced an opinion when we left. Some deserved to get banned, many didn't though. BUT, if what you say is true, about opinions that are not in the best interest of AF not getting banned in this section, then I am glad for that. The honda/acura mods and administrative people should learn from that.

They weren't banned for being a little disgruntled. Much like you and everyone else was banned for being immature when things didn't go your way. Highly unlikely it was because of you opinion.

taranaki
08-13-2002, 06:41 PM
Clearly there is a major difference of opinion regarding history here.Can we please just leave it as history?Nobody benefits when threads about site politics start popping up everywhere.

Chevrolet1986
08-13-2002, 06:46 PM
Good. i'm not the only one getting that stupid server busy crap :)

89ssgti
08-13-2002, 06:49 PM
some people were being immature and responding in a stupid to the problem.But I personnaly think that there are faults on both sides and that evryone might have had a harsch of expressing their opinion.
Personnaly I didn't mind the server busy once in a while,but taking the blame for something that is not even your fault is stupid.Same as doing the same thing when most of the top posters are gone.

I agree that the attitude of some at the situation was less than desirable but I don't think that it's a reason for a mod to be offensive and tell member to get out if you don't like it,it ain't a private club,it's a free site and it's the friggen internet for christ sake.Also mods should preach by example and I don't feel that telling members to get out if you don't like it is a really good way to attract new members.

that was my 2 cents probably forgot some but it won't make a difference anyways:rolleyes:

3geezadmin
08-13-2002, 07:09 PM
ok, I will concede that the moderators may not have banned users who really didn't do anything, hell it was probably igor.. but that's in the past, we left and are lightning quick now, and I was just also curious why AF is still slow even after g20.net left, we left, and PH left. I would imagine that was a bulk of bandwidth usage of AF when all 3 of us were on here.

Also, I am going to suggest something to help AF, igor should do like I did, create a donation program. THe one thing igor always said is "blah blah blah....you won't find the services like we have on a free site" but through our donation system, the people who volunteered their money keep the site free for people who don't have the money to donate. And I must say it's worked out beautifully and it keeps the advertising banner systems off our board which I personally think do nothing but slowdown sites.

taranaki
08-13-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 89ssgti

I agree that the attitude of some at the situation was less than desirable but I don't think that it's a reason for a mod to be offensive and tell member to get out if you don't like it,it ain't a private club,it's a free site and it's the friggen internet for christ sake.Also mods should preach by example and I don't feel that telling members to get out if you don't like it is a really good way to attract new members.

the mods,including myself,get no extra privileges for their efforts in keeping the forums on target.Igor is very good when it comes to his site,with very few guidelines,he lets the mods do whatever they feel best reflects the views of the majority of AF users.

Now,we are all different as people.We all have our own favourite/disliked members,we all have good days and bad days.We also have a Moderators' Forum,where we can get together,share information,guage site opinion,and make a noise if we feel that another mod has exceeded the limits.The AF mods try as best as possible to be a voice for the wholemembership,but we are not in the business of pleasing all of the people all of the time.....it just can't be done.There will always be somebody who wants to use the site in a manner that causes problems elsewhere at AF.

As to suggesting that if you don't like it,you shouldn't stay...I think that is more commonsense than rudeness.Google alone searches 2,469,940,685 web pages,If you can't find something more to your taste there,perhaps you should stay off the web entirely!

3geezadmin
08-13-2002, 07:58 PM
"edit"

this was the same post as above because it said that it couldn't find the server (imagine that :rolleyes: )so I thought itdidn't go through, but I guess it did.

Jay!
08-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Moving thread to "Hot or Not" forum and leaving redirect in previous forum

89ssgti
08-13-2002, 09:18 PM

the mods,including myself,get no extra privileges for their efforts in keeping the forums on target.Igor is very good when it comes to his site,with very few guidelines,he lets the mods do whatever they feel best reflects the views of the majority of AF users.

Now,we are all different as people.We all have our own favourite/disliked members,we all have good days and bad days.W.The AF mods try as best as possible to be a voice for the wholemembership,but we are not in the business of pleasing all of the people all of the time.....it just can't be done.There will always be somebody who wants to use the site in a manner that causes problems elsewhere at AF.

undersandable,and I agree

As to suggesting that if you don't like it,you shouldn't stay...I think that is more commonsense than rudeness.Google alone searches 2,469,940,685 web pages,If you can't find something more to your taste there,perhaps you should stay off the web entirely!
I also agree with you,but I never said I didn't like it here.
to some it is deserved I'll give you that but being an asshole to those who don't cause trouble won't make things right.Same as not being able to accept your faults.
I'm not here to cause trouble and I'll come to check here once in a while,just wanted to know why that's all:smoka:

Add your comment to this topic!