2005 Malibu Cruise Control

wewe917
07-23-2006, 12:01 AM
Car has 37,000 miles now and cruise control not working. Any ideas or suggestions? I miss the cruise control! Any fuses, relays, bulbs to look at and replace? The cruise control is mounted on steering wheel. :banghead:

Young Chuck D
07-23-2006, 01:49 AM
ok no.

we won't have these threads here ruining the classics section.

GMMerlin
07-23-2006, 06:18 AM
Thread moved

e2helper
07-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Car has 37,000 miles now and cruise control not working. Any ideas or suggestions? I miss the cruise control! Any fuses, relays, bulbs to look at and replace? The cruise control is mounted on steering wheel.

This is new body style, right? When you press the ON/OFF switch on left side does the indicator in switch light up? If it doesn't then could be that fuse.

If not that then my guess would be something associated with brake lights. Are you having any problems with the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)?

porrsher
07-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Mine did the same thing, had the switch replaced that is mounted on the wheel "set/resume" only to find out that it did not fix the problem, what did fix it was that when I see it doesn't work I pull on the brake pedal up and it does the trick, so on mine its the brake swtich that is not making correct contact. In other words put your foot on the reverse side of the pedal and with the top of your foot pull up on the pedal and see if that does the trick. Of course assuming that as the earlier post indicated your little light on the left "on/off" comes on.
hope this helps

Add your comment to this topic!