Mildew Mold Problem

french69ssrs
07-22-2006, 07:33 PM
I have a 69 SSRS and I had the windows rolled up and a Car cover over the car for like 3 years - Now I have a Mold/ Mildew Problem ALL over the Interior.
Any help on Cleaning ALL of what is inside of the Car, Seats, Dash Pad, Headliner, Console.
Also what works in Storing my car in my Garage to keep the Interior Dry, I have Kids so keeping the Garage door closed won't work.
Weather in New England is not what's best for long term Storage.
Thanks
Timmy from Connecticut

97cavalier
07-22-2006, 07:53 PM
for the garage get a dehumidafier, i think that is how you spell it, they work great, they take the moister out of the air.

eighth8er_2
07-22-2006, 07:57 PM
I have a 69 SSRS and I had the windows rolled up and a Car cover over the car for like 3 years - Now I have a Mold/ Mildew Problem ALL over the Interior.
Any help on Cleaning ALL of what is inside of the Car, Seats, Dash Pad, Headliner, Console.
Also what works in Storing my car in my Garage to keep the Interior Dry, I have Kids so keeping the Garage door closed won't work.
Weather in New England is not what's best for long term Storage.
Thanks
Timmy from Connecticut

Timmy from Conneticut.. I use Spray Nine on my cars interior to remove spots such as Grease from the carpet.. but as most cleaners say.. try in an inconspicuous place first.. but for Leather.. I'd wait for another opinion.. It also works good for 'the clean look' on tires... You might also check for wet Insulation under the floor mats.. Mold needs Moisture to start to grow.

eighth8er from New Brunswick, Canada

Morley
07-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Remove the carpet and padding. Wash throughly with Simple Green and HOT water. Let it dry out completely in the sun then vacuum it good with a ouse vacuum like a Hoover upright with the beater brush.
Use simple green to clean the rest of the interior too. Park the car outside during the day with the doors open so it can dry out completely.
Once it is all back together if it smells like mildew inside, spray the interior down with Fabreeze for a couple days. When the car is stored go to Eastwood and get some of their large dessicant bags, put one in the trunk and one in each seat in the car (put a piece of plastic under it), front and back. And as mentioned, a dehumidifier in the garage would be a big help too.

wrightz28
07-24-2006, 10:26 AM
simple green is good, and "tuff stuff" works wonders.

Fernado X
10-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Home-Zone might be the solution for your problem. read more at www.homzone.com

Add your comment to this topic!