Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Will not start - Ford Topaz 1990

bumer2314
07-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Hello,

I have a Ford Topaz 1990 (i think) it was just given to me yesterday by my uncle... He knew of this problem but didn't do anything about it.... It's the only thing wrong with the car...

Before some days it would not start and others it would... I have it for 2 weeks with no problems. But then one night I try and it wont start.

It's NOT THE STARTER!!!!!!

Alright here is a description of the problem in detail.
I turn the key from OFF to START WITH NO RESISTANCE at all. It's like the lock is broken... I bought a new lock (ignition lock) at Canadian Tire for about 25$... Replaced it with no change... i think it's not the lock but the (part) where the lock goes in to. I would like to know an approximate price for this part - I am thinking of purchasing one. I have no idea how to install it, but the ignition lock itself was pretty simple. Other than the fact that i wasted 25$ for nothing lol. I really need the car for work, and I don't have much money to put in it right now. I don't know if anyone heard of this problem before but I would appreciate any help. I also drained my battery because when it broke even with the ignition switch set to off the car was still on the on position (thank god it wasn't started) the Air conditioning fan was on. Also the radio you know standard stuff which normally doesn't go on when the KEY IF NOT IN THE CAR LOL! I am laughing and crying at the same time here HELLPPP!!!!!!!!!

:evillol:

KimMG
07-24-2006, 04:29 PM
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/12/78/ea/0900823d801278ea.jsp

Call Canadian Tire for a price on the ignition switch.

Add your comment to this topic!