Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GUDE kits

zx2guy
07-20-2006, 08:14 PM
because allengalloway asked for it. and i figured it would draw more attention in this manner.

gude may be one of more known zx2 aftermarket dealers,ive bought a head off of them a while back and had fitment problems ( which as it turns out has had a notoriety < thats bad, with fitment) granted this might be that we do not have the savy to do what gude, and other tuners familiar with gude's stuff have in the tricks to assmebly and proper tuning. i have the head prices and turbo prices written down somewhere ill try to find them (but as a note onto it it is cheaper to buy as a package deal (head+turbo)) granted i was satisfied once i got it running satisfactory. i dropped an 00 cougar w/ the v6 in it. i dont know if thats worth bragging about or not. but i know before he'ld beat me every time. one of the more awquard (sp?) things was the vct was not removed... which i think i speak for many people as the vct is more of a down for the motor, and i personnally dont believe ford techs even know exactly how it works. Altec < whom i trust in this forum should add his 2 cents ( and there is a guy that builds turbos whom he suggests, i have his email too)

but i would also notice that i didnt bash gude completely, this is because a few buddies of mine have tried it ( one in the newer model cougar) and it runs just fine and he will be adding the turbo soon. my vote is go for it, let us know how it goes.

AllenGalloway
07-26-2006, 03:02 AM
TURBO KITS UP TO 205 HP TO 380 HP
HEAD UP KITS UP TO 180 HP TO 225 HP
PRRCE
BIG BORE THROTTLE BODIE 295.00
INTAKE CAMSHAFT ZTEC EXCHANCE 350.00
EXHAUST CAMSHAFT ZTEC. Exchange 350.00
PORTED POLISHED CLYINDER HEAD. Exchange 950.00
HEAD PACKAGE BIG BORE THROTTLE BODIE
PORTED POLISHED HEAD AND CAM KIT exchange 1650.00
HEADER LONG TUNED 4X1 MERGE COLLECTOR
REPLACES CAT. CROME PLATED. 460.00
CAT BACK TURBO HIGH FLOW EXHAUST 535.00
FORGED ROD AND PISTON KITS FOR TURBO 975.OO
STINGER TURBO KIT 3650.00

AltecZX2
07-26-2006, 03:54 PM
gudes quality is the of any guy in his garage

their heads ar no where near what the head can be ported to, their cams arnt that agressive, and the throttle body is just a reworked stock TB (and a turbo will use a LOT more then that to be efficent)

on a F/I car VCT should be removed, it is still yet to be see if a N/A car will be better either way. With just bolt-ons and tuning the numbers are roughly dead even on w/ or w/o VCT.

AllenGalloway
07-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Do you know of any other companies that make better performance parts? I found a few things on Ford Racing site, but very few.

AltecZX2
07-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Except for a bolt-on and go SC kit there is NOTHING you cant find for a ZX2.

zx2guy
07-27-2006, 09:09 PM
who came out witha bolt on SC?

edit: damnit misread that. but anyway altec care to give an outline on what a good way of making power would be? im more curious with the machining of the heads and since you know what you are talking about when it comes to zx2's what is the best things we can do. shit ill be happy if i can get the motor to stop shaking like a wet chihuahua... what causes that anyway?

AltecZX2
07-27-2006, 10:03 PM
who came out witha bolt on SC?

edit: damnit misread that. but anyway altec care to give an outline on what a good way of making power would be? im more curious with the machining of the heads and since you know what you are talking about when it comes to zx2's what is the best things we can do. shit ill be happy if i can get the motor to stop shaking like a wet chihuahua... what causes that anyway?

take it to the dealer there was a recall(or was it tsb) on motor mounts not being positioned right, also plug wires, and coil smooth the idle. the only place you can get a really good head is if you find an esslinger head on ebay(they no longer make them), know a shop that does great head work, or ask JohnP(from teamzx2.com) to do it.

but aside from basic boltons it all depends on where you want the power, and if you care about driveability at all.

good bolt-ons and a mild tune = 135-137whp/same wtq
same boltons and a agressive tune = 145whp/same tq BUT the motor may not last as long different intake mani could be more hp(top end), but less tq(bottom end) or an inbetween number.

it all depends what you want

zx2guy
08-06-2006, 06:19 PM
how long ago was this recall... or whatever it is? and what years will it cover? ( just so i know, i dont want to get reamed at the dealer to find out the recall was for 2000, and my 03 is fine... but they tweaked something anyway.) and as for theaftermarket coil and wires got any suggestions? i figure you are talking about the 8mm from ford racing, but what coil.. or kind of coil (in case msd helps).

AltecZX2
08-06-2006, 10:13 PM
i added the FR wires and my idle smoothed out a lot, i added the NGP0 Ford Racing computer and it smoothed out a LOT more, due to the car not haveing choppy timing anymore.

But a MSD and FR wires will take a lot of the idle away. the TSB was in like 00, but it might cover 03, its has to do with the mounts not being 'neutral" or something. Every motor vibrates differnt so you cant set a generic setting for the mounts position.

jldude
12-20-2006, 03:24 PM
how long ago was this recall... or whatever it is? and what years will it cover? ( just so i know, i dont want to get reamed at the dealer to find out the recall was for 2000, and my 03 is fine... but they tweaked something anyway.) and as for theaftermarket coil and wires got any suggestions? i figure you are talking about the 8mm from ford racing, but what coil.. or kind of coil (in case msd helps).

Forget it, it's not a recall, just a TSB so that the service techs can "isolate the problem" faster. That's all tsbs are, customer complaints that ford has recognized but not recalled. I would save a trip to the dealership, and buy a master bushing kit from energy suspension that includes motor mounts, suspension mounts, sway bar mounts, and everything. I thought I could have my air hammer vibration fixed at no charge too....but I guess body panels vibrating off isn't a big enough concern for ford to issue a recall.

jayco_automotive
02-01-2007, 06:10 PM
if your searching for a one stop shop for zx2 performance check out www.jaycoautomotive.com/zx2

Add your comment to this topic!