Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

86 S-10 Blazer A/C problem. Please help!

kchew
07-19-2006, 06:19 PM
I have an 86 S-10 that I converted to 134 about 8 years ago. It's been sitting for a year and lost the charge. Now I'm recharging it but having problems. There is no difference in high side/low side pressures. I'm pretty sure that the compressor is pumping, and I know that the clutch is kicking in. I also replaced the expansion valve. It doesn't seem to be sucking up much freon when I charge it, but it will build pressure to 130 lbs (both sides). Does anybody have any ideas??? Thanks for the help!

rlith
07-20-2006, 07:05 AM
I have an 86 S-10 that I converted to 134 about 8 years ago. It's been sitting for a year and lost the charge. Now I'm recharging it but having problems. There is no difference in high side/low side pressures. I'm pretty sure that the compressor is pumping, and I know that the clutch is kicking in. I also replaced the expansion valve. It doesn't seem to be sucking up much freon when I charge it, but it will build pressure to 130 lbs (both sides). Does anybody have any ideas??? Thanks for the help!

You have a leak in the system somewhere. That needs to be tracked 1st. Next you need to have the system vaccumed before you throw in the freon. Also for giggles I would check the condition of your orifice tube and your pag oil.

kchew
07-20-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm going to flush the system with cleaner and replace all the O-rings. I put a new orifice tube in it. I also make sure to vacuum it down before I recharge it. Do I need to add more oil? And if I do, do I use PAG or Ester oil? Thanks again!

Add your comment to this topic!