Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Battery Removal

D_A_V_E
07-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Any tips on how to easily change out car battery? They don't leave you much room in there.

fordin K
08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
if I remember correctly you have to remove a whole lot of junk like air intake duct and stuff around battery.

Etraveler13
09-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Just had my battery replaced. The battery was under $40 (Interstate from Walmart), I watched the guy. Remove the air filter top by unclipping two clips. then the filter, pull it out, next the air filter box. Unscrew the one hose in the back. the battery box pulls out (no tools needed), don't worry that you have to wiggle it out, its held in with rubber grommets. Once it is out of the way, you will have full access to the battery, and plenty of room.
Good luck

mikels_ranger
01-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Etravaler13 is right. I just replaced my battery in my '03 cruiser. Easy change.

Etraveler13
01-31-2007, 11:21 AM
Etravaler13 is right. I just replaced my battery in my '03 cruiser. Easy change.
Did you also have to replace the battery wire? I replaced the post on mine. I am considering a replacement for the filter box to alleviate this problem, The cone shaped filter. Do you have any experience with them? Its like a K&N filter.

mikels_ranger
01-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah I also had to replace the positive cable. It was all corroded.
I haven't had any experience with the K&N type filters, but I will also
be looking into it for my Cruiser. Right now it is the only vehicle out of 3
I have running, so I had to get it right the first time.:lol:
If you find something useable let me know, or if I find something I will let you
know.

Later

Add your comment to this topic!