Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I got a little problem.

pimprolla112
07-19-2006, 12:47 AM
Ok ive had my truck back for about 2 months, and before i fucked it up i had the same wheels on it, cragar ss wheels from and el camino, with and amazing reverse backspacing. Well they stick out about 2 inches in the front and about 4 in the rear. Well the cops finally decided that they are illegal in the great state of MD. So now i need to find some decent aftermarket wheels that wont stick out, ive been looking at some 16" and 17"s but i dont know what backspacing in offset i need. I know its 4x4.75 lug pattern. Also why wont the wheels from a 2wd fit, is it the center hub, i know the offset is different but im pretty sure the stock 2wd 16"s wouldnt stick out much. I can make a new alignment ring if i need it.

Also whats the offset, backsacing and hub difference between and f-body and the 4x4 s10.

If any one could tell me what offset i should need, also these are for wheel widths between 7-8". This is for an 89 4x4 s10 blazer.

any help is much appreciated.

OverBoardProject
07-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Just a theory, but if you switched the rear differential to a 2wd, with 2" spacers it might match the front wheels. That is if they'll accept the tires sticking out 2"
You'd have to change the gearing to the 4wd gearing, or you'll have some real problems.

Your other option is get some fender flares
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/images/performance/lebra/L264100100.jpg
You can find some here
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/mmp/chevy~s10_blazer~fender_flares~parts.html

I need a set except way wider to make my Blazer road legal with the 1/2 ton suspension (which I started to work on today) so I'll have to get mine custom made.

pimprolla112
07-19-2006, 01:22 PM
If i could find a 2wd frame id be set but there rare around here. They shouldnt mind 2 inches.

Just a side note im going to the barracks today the officer said i dont mind the 4x4 lifted trucks because they have a reason for big tires, but this is rediculous. So im going to talk to the supervisor, because to me thats bullshit, just because i didnt want to lift my 4x4 i wanted to drop it and i dont have any spare wheels shouldnt make my vehicle "unsafe for road use" which is according to the officer. I should have said well if im not mistaken but altered suspension is alos illegal for road use. This cop really pissed me off, ive had them on 2 differnt vehicles in over 2 years and they have never said anything rookie state trooper gets me because my truck is not safe. DOT approved tires and wheels should be fine enough.

prototype80
07-19-2006, 01:46 PM
sounds like you have a classic case of profiling, happened to me alot in my civic.

pimprolla112
07-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey prototype il trade ya man, 89 4x4. JK im gonna get mine straight. Looks like im officially in the market for new wheels, ive seen some decent 16x7 on ebay and i want the cragar ss look but everyone makes them fro 2wd cause of the damn offset and backspacing. I also found some pimp ass 20"s for 500, i hate 20"s but these are pretty sexy theres like no bling except the lip. Also please whats offset and backspacing should i look for i need a range.

Also yeah i think they do profile me and my friends they got all my friends with there civics last night, and 2 months ago i got some shit from a trooper. Oh well they cant get me for something i didnt do.

Blazer SS
07-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Have you ever thought about just buying fender extensions? They are sold all over the place for our Blazers , even the dealers cary them.

Never mind , I see overboard project already advised you in this matter.

pimprolla112
07-20-2006, 12:24 AM
I just dont like the way fender extenders look on the older blazers, im most likely just going to get new wheels, ive been saving for them anyways and this is a good excuse. I have 30 days so that gives me enough time to get the wheels, tires and get them on the truck. I didnt get a chance to run by the barracks today so im going tomorrow after work should be fun.

Most of the wheels ive been looking at are like a 5.5" backspacing and a +35 to +40 offset. They can stick out a bit i put the black fender trim from my jimmy on there and they stick out like an inch and a half further than the chrome ones so im thinking 2" sticking out isnt bad.

OverBoardProject
07-20-2006, 02:56 PM
On that same link that I posted there are nice sleek looking fender flares as well, they just cost a lot more otherwise I would have posted the pic.

Add your comment to this topic!