Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Seatbelt light

endfro
08-21-2001, 10:38 AM
Alright.. every so often (at the least once a day) I will be driving and hear a little "ding ding" and see that my seat belt light is on. Yet everyones seat belts are one and connected as they should be. After a minute or two the light turns off.

This seems to be some sort of sensor problem.. but does anyone know how to fix it? It doesnt really bug me all that much, but when EVERYONE who hears that goes "whats that?" and I have to tell them over and over "I dunno, my seatbelt sensor is fucked up or something." It gets rather repetitve and annoying.

Can anyone help me out here?

toeandheel
08-26-2001, 01:22 PM
Before I bought a P10, I tested drive couple other P10 and they all had the same problem.

zykotik
08-26-2001, 01:26 PM
You'll find under your drivers seat a plug - unplug it to disable that sensor. Or you could just unplug it and plug it in again..it may be loose or dirty or the wire could be frayed.

Found it when I took my drivers seat out to install my clutch and brake pedal.

A380Driver
08-26-2001, 04:26 PM
I'm not sure about this, but I wonder if the system knows that the seatbelt is plugged in and if it will fire off the pre-tensioners in a crash or not...i have no clue, but you may want to ask a dealer. When it comes to seatbelts or the bags...definatly dont mess around there at all...

pearl-p10
08-28-2001, 03:43 AM
:mad:
I had the same fliggin problem with my p-10. Try to hit on some girl while your car is dinging away. The plug to my seatbelt was unplugged but the car would still ding. The dealers see it as a green flag to rip you off. The best advise I can give you is too get the courage up take out your gauge cluster and unplug the light for the seatbelt as well as the dinger (it is the silver box on the back of the cluster). I did this just recently while changing the color of my dash lights. It is so refreshing not to be asked "what is that noise", a thousand times a day. Hope this helps.
P.S. You may not consider this a valid option untill you get a estimate from the dealer.

endfro
08-28-2001, 10:19 AM
Haha, you're tellin me that its hard to hit on a girl while its dinging.

I swear, everyone who set foot in my car "Whats that?". At first I was like "Oh, its just the seat belt, I gotta fix mine." And they'd say "Oh."

Now It's
"Whats that?"
"SHUTUP AND DIE FOREVER!!!!!!!@##^$^$^"

hehe

toeandheel
08-28-2001, 11:49 AM
Not just the seat belt sensor, also the door sensor has problem. Is that common?

Add your comment to this topic!