Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ya... Upgrade after summer job... ideas?

Sabrewing5
07-18-2006, 12:17 AM
So here's the shitty set-up right now... some Kenwood HU that is 4 years old, a Kicker amp that im getting rid of and a Solo baric L7. I am trading my Kicker amp and 2 12's kicker comps to a friend for a Power Acoustik LT-980 which RMS's at around 560 bridged at 1 ohm ( i heard on hear i think that the RMS of the amp should be atleast 2/3 of the sub so i figured hey why not). I have the rest stock speakers. I was thinking some 6.5's in the rear where the 6x9's are.. and maybe some infinti 4x6's in the front and some diff tweeters where the stock ones are now... spending maybe 1000 on the HU and all speakers included... i know this is a question asked all the time but i need speaker help:icon16:

Mannyb18b
07-18-2006, 01:21 AM
Oh wow...I would not sell those kicker comps for that amp. And the amp is not even stable to 1ohm, it will def. fry at that load. I own that amp, its not very good maybe 400 watts at 2ohm bridged. Keep your L7, build a nice ported box for it and give it proper power. Get a component set for up-front, you do not need rear speakers unless your worried about your passengers.

Sabrewing5
07-18-2006, 11:36 PM
So that amp is crap.... so i should jus sell him my shit and get a better amp with that money... anyway... the amp should be 2/3 the power? or was i wrong there? u think 150 for the subs and amp... they are like 2 years old and one has a hole in it but still plays

Mannyb18b
07-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Yes you are wrong there. go here an read the whole website www.bcae1.com , Sell what you want, ( i was goin to say salvage the subs but get rid of them if htey have a hole), Get your money together an then come back with a budget. Upgrade your H/U first (pioneer, alpine, panasonic etc.) then your Front speakers, go with some components 5.25 or 6.5 whatever you can fit. Your front-stage is really all you should be worried about, rear speakers are for people in the back, an you def. do not want larger speakers in the back than up front. Music is recorded to sound like its coming infront of you, not behind you. So...H/U, speakers, (rear fill speakers if you need them), amp for speakers an then amp for sub an sub.

Sabrewing5
07-19-2006, 11:55 PM
MANNY... this could be why u are considered a god.... u know everything:smokin: :grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!