Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tremb and Bass Setting

khead717
08-12-2002, 02:55 AM
A stupid question, what do u guys like to set the bass and the tremb level at?

-=BOOMER=-
08-12-2002, 03:39 AM
Right down the center.

My system has been tuned so that it sounds best without any extra settings, this is the way it should be. If you’re having to turn your bass way up or your treble then you need to work on improving/tuning that part of the system. I.E. amp outputs etc...
There are a few songs I do like a little more bass on, but that’s what the epicenter is for.

khead717
08-12-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by -=BOOMER=-
Right down the center.

My system has been tuned so that it sounds best without any extra settings, this is the way it should be. If you’re having to turn your bass way up or your treble then you need to work on improving/tuning that part of the system. I.E. amp outputs etc...
There are a few songs I do like a little more bass on, but that’s what the epicenter is for.

I have a Rockford Fosgate RFX 9000 head unit and stock speakers...so there is not much i can do except adjusting the bass and treble....

I am getting an amp and upgrade the speakers soon, any good advice? cause i don't know a thing about car sound systems~

-=BOOMER=-
08-12-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by khead717

I have a Rockford Fosgate RFX 9000 head unit and stock speakers...so there is not much I can do except adjusting the bass and treble....

I am getting an amp and upgrade the speakers soon, any good advice? Cause I don't know a thing about car sound systems~

Sounds like your doing what you should be doing.
An amp will defiantly help and with new speakers that will take the power it will be allot easier to adjust things.

For now just turn up bass/treble till is sounds good. But with stock speakers that wont be very high.

My advice would be to get an amp for the front speakers, an amp for the subs (don’t worry about back speakers till later if ever).
Also replace your front speakers with separates I.E. 6 1/2 midbass speaker and a dome tweeter. This will sound better then a speaker with everything built into it, or a full range.

Then get some subs that are a size that complements the amount of bass you want to have.

Its all gona depend on how much you want to spend and what you want to have in the end.
Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!